• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My current SBR collection.. Sig 556, Scar 17 and MP5 .40S&W

20170301_102102.jpg

I loaded some 170gr subs using 30/30 bullets (this is back before there even was a 240gr SMK) and somewhere around 9.0 grains of Trailboss.

I set up a backstop in my basement comprised of 1/2 gallon water bottles inside empty 30 gallon HDPE drums, back up by some 1x4 wood planks just in case. After firing the round I found that it penetrated all 7 bottles of water, both sides of both drums, but didn't penetrate the first board, just keyholed into it. I went up stairs and said "Did ya'll hear something?!" The ol' lady said "Uh, nope?" I said "Huh." went back down and clean up my mess.

This was with a Remington M40A1 clone with an SWR prototype suppressor.

It would not function in a semi, but I used the load in my AR10T and it worked like a straight pull bolt action. After firing, the bolt carrier would unlock, and retract a bit, but not enough to cycle a round.

That's good. I need to apply before I put my upper and lower together and start on my SBR AR15 5.56. I have the 6.8 done I just have to either pin and weld the muzzle brake or apply for the stamp. I have parts taken out of it so I don't get nailed for having one close to being ready.;)

Back
Top Bottom