• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Daughter’s first crossbow turkey

Very nice! I would let her know plenty of adults (myself included) couldn't demonstrate that level of skill with a crossbow.

Daughter *shoots crossbow*
Turkey *gets decapitated *
Dad *squeals like girl*

Mya and I had a great hunt this evening! We got our blind set up in a small clearing at about 2:00 and got settled in. I had a single hen decoy set up about 8 feet away from the blind with the intent to draw one in close for a neck shot. We had 4 Jakes lingering around us for a couple of hours but they had two hens keeping them entertained. The hens finally eased off and left their would-be suitors. The Jakes started to work their way to us at about 5:30 and once they saw the decoy, they made a B-line straight to it. Mya kept calm and made a perfect shot on one of the Jakes, taking his head clean off! The other three had no clue what happened and lingered around for a couple of minutes and even gobbled at their downed comrade as he flopped around in front of us. We let the other three birds move on in hopes of little brother connecting with one of them later on. It was hands down one of the coolest hunts that I’ve ever been a part of! God blessed us with a great trophy and a memory to last a lifetime!
View attachment 2052694
View attachment 2052675
His head is the black spot, in between him and the decoy, about 5’ back behind him.
View attachment 2052679
View attachment 2052685
View attachment 2052678
Outstanding and kudos to you and your daughter.

Back
Top Bottom