• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Final gift to my Son

I purchased some Japanese Cedar from an ODT'er on here, that has a saw mill near Carterville. My intent was to have a presentation box made for my WWI Colt Military issue 1911 45. This box I wanted to be special and different to house this beautiful weapon used to defend Freedom. It took two years to complete from the purchase of the wood to the finished product. I wanted to do something special to leave my son as a token of my love and pride for him..This he does not know about and will not until I am gone..It will be left in the big safe for him to find when I am gone..Their will also be a letter from me to him...I just wanted to do something many don't think of but, meant a lotView attachment 1861264
View attachment 1861265 to me..DD
I don't know why the plaque shows scratches, I don't see any..View attachment 1861269
Beautiful Phillip,I'm sure this will mean a lot to him,you sir are a fine man!

My father divided up the guns when he was almost too sick to do so.

He asked us one by one to pick one and we went in turn until they all were gone.

I got the Ruger MKI, one of the NM Garands, 1903A4 and the USGI 1911 still in the wax wrapper.

That is truely a wonderful thing to do, it will bring your son to tears but tears of happiness and remembrance of his father. God bless you both.

The reason I would not wait is

If i found this in the safe after my father had passed

And had no explanation

I would wonder what I had done to anger him after he had made this , that he changed his mind about giving it to me and instead locked it up

The guilt wondering what I had done would drive me crazy

The reason I would not wait is

If i found this in the safe after my father had passed

And had no explanation

I would wonder what I had done to anger him after he had made this , that he changed his mind about giving it to me and instead locked it up

The guilt wondering what I had done would drive me crazy
I understand, but you may have missed this,,,,,Their will also be a letter from me to him...But I welcome all opinions.

Back
Top Bottom