• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Final gift to my Son

Dinky, that is a beautiful gift that will impact generations to come.

I have 4 boys. All of them have been gifted firearms that are special to me. My oldest got my first Browning A-5 that killed hundreds of quail as I was growing up and a Colt .45.

My next two got a Colt revolvers and an Smith 617-2 and a Smith 952. My youngest is 18 and has gotten an FN AR, Benelli shotgun and Winchester Supergrade .270. He has a SCAR 17 and Randall knife awaiting his SEAL graduation.

I guess I am saying give it to him now...but I I understand your desire to leave something special when you are gone too.

So listen to your heart...only you know best.

Salute, sir. I'm proud to share a forum with you.

That's awesome DD, to a Great Son from an Awesome Dad. It just don't get any better than that. He's going to be one proud Son.
Dang NWSharpshooter them onions are reaching Rockmart.

Dinky,
I get it, I really do, but...
As a son who misses his father daily, I simply offer these observations: Almost every gun I have was from my father. Some were given directly to me and some were inherited. While they are all priceless to me (including the same era 1911), the ones he gave me himself have extra value as they carry the added memory of the exchange, which I cherish as much or more than the inanimate object.
As you know, tomorrow, on the 11th day of the 11th month at the 11th hour, bells around the globe will toll to mark the 100th anniversary of the signing of the Armistice and the ending of WW1. A victory that very arm helped secure. It is of course also Veterans Day.
2 obviously very relevant observances for THIS son of a great and dearly missed father (and WWII vet), to simply ask you to at least consider not denying him the chance to thank you in THIS life. The added GIFT, of the memory of the exchange will genuinely be priceless. I know first hand.
May God continue to bless your relationship with your son!

Dinky,
I get it, I really do, but...
As a son who misses his father daily, I simply offer these observations: Almost every gun I have was from my father. Some were given directly to me and some were inherited. While they are all priceless to me (including the same era 1911), the ones he gave me himself have extra value as they carry the added memory of the exchange, which I cherish as much or more than the inanimate object.
As you know, tomorrow, on the 11th day of the 11th month at the 11th hour, bells around the globe will toll to mark the 100th anniversary of the signing of the Armistice and the ending of WW1. A victory that very arm helped secure. It is of course also Veterans Day.
2 obviously very relevant observances for THIS son of a great and dearly missed father (and WWII vet), to simply ask you to at least consider not denying him the chance to thank you in THIS life. The added GIFT, of the memory of the exchange will genuinely be priceless. I know first hand.
May God continue to bless your relationship with your son!
Thank you! Seems many have your opinion also, I will give it some thought, he will be coming to Georgia for a business trip in early December.

Back
Top Bottom