• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My first 9mm AR build

I haven’t fired it yet but I have a kak buffet tube, spikes 9mm buffet and a standard Carbine spring. I also ordered the spikes buffer spring spacer that goes in the rear of the spring but it wouldn’t allow the bolt to come back far enough to let the bolt hold open catch it so without it I have about 3/8 of a inch that the bolt travels past the catch so I think that will work if I feel it’s too much then I will shave down the spacer and put it back in and the bolt is a no name bolt from delta point tactical I believe

This is the exact combo i have and it works great in my 9mm pistol. You dont' need spacer b/c the spikes buffer is longer than standard already. I'd just sell the spacer off to someone who is tired of using quarters stacked in their buffer tube.

I know, I know lol! I read so much on this subject last night, my head is still spinning...

I too did this before I even shot mine. You are really over thinking it. Use the spikes or Kaw valley buffer and then hit the range. If you do end up with issues related to the buffer choice then seek help but chances are you won't.

Got the red dot, flip up sights, and modified a BAD lever to work

Attachments

• 6326E963-E975-4A29-804E-E2634C654491.jpeg
    6326E963-E975-4A29-804E-E2634C654491.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 29
I too did this before I even shot mine. You are really over thinking it. Use the spikes or Kaw valley buffer and then hit the range. If you do end up with issues related to the buffer choice then seek help but chances are you won't.

I went with the Kaw Valley 7.5oz complete kit. For $60 and free shipping, hell, I'll try it.

OP, how does she run?

I went with the Kaw Valley 7.5oz complete kit. For $60 and free shipping, hell, I'll try it.

OP, how does she run?
Well it is a tack driver at 50 yards and is a ton of fun the bolt wouldn’t lock back on the last round with the spikes 9mm buffer so I swapped it out with a carbine buffer and it worked but was much harsher on the recoil this weekend I think I’m going to try a regular buffer with the spikes spacer and see how that works. I seen on YouTube one guy cut part of the rear of the buffer to get it to work but I don’t think that will work for me

Try a heavy buffer and a 308 carbine buffer tube spring. That's what I'm running in mine and recoil greatly reduced. As a bonus, I don't get gas faced running suppressed. Over a case down the pipe and not a since malfunction with this combo.

Try a heavy buffer and a 308 carbine buffer tube spring. That's what I'm running in mine and recoil greatly reduced. As a bonus, I don't get gas faced running suppressed. Over a case down the pipe and not a since malfunction with this combo.
My problem is I’m reducing recoil too much and the lrbho isn’t working so I have to find a happy medium

I swear it felt like it added recoil on my FX-9 using the Kaw 7.5oz and ar10 spring. Curious to see what you experience.
The spikes 9mm buffer runs smooth but the lrbho won’t work with it a regular carbine buffer alone works but is too rough then I tried that buffer with the spikes spring spacer and it was smooth but it didn’t lock back so I’m going to shave a little off the spacer

Back
Top Bottom