• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My first Harley!!! Poll added.

I have nearly dropped this bike 2 times today. Should I sell it?

• Total voters
Yeah I just got off the bike and nearly dropped it trying to make a left turn out of my driveway. I stalled it out and nearly ruined the bike. I caught it though before it hit the concrete and that is the second time today I have done that. I really don't want to damage this bike. It is too nice for that. I had rather let it go to someone who knows how to ride it and can appreciate it. It just scares the heck out of me so much I can't ride it properly.

What kind of sportbikes did you use to ride?

I've always heard if you ride long enough your going to drop it....I dropped mine last yr...my fault totally,not paying attention to what I was doing....keep trying.

In 2010 had a stroke on my 99 Fat Boy and went down. I was life flighted to Erlanger, I had broken 8 ribs fracture my collar bone again and tore up the ligaments in my right thumb. It happens with enough time your fault or someone else. Oh and I went to Killer Creek and order a 2011 Ultra Classic Peace Officers addition. And yes It was 3 months before I could ride again..I miss that bike but due to health and to let her go.

In 2010 had a stroke on my 99 Fat Boy and went down. I was life flighted to Erlanger, I had broken 8 ribs fracture my collar bone again and tore up the ligaments in my right thumb. It happens with enough time your fault or someone else. Oh and I went to Killer Creek and order a 2011 Ultra Classic Peace Officers addition. And yes It was 3 months before I could ride again..I miss that bike but due to health and to let her go.
Glad you made it back sir....i was lucky this time...bike wasn't hurt and I just skint my arm and elbow really good..it was a valuable lesson that...I was alone,but I was only traveling around 20 mph....again glad your ok

What kind of sportbikes did you use to ride?
A CBR 600 F4I

Cbr600f4.jpg

Glad you are still with us brother.

I broadsided a van 3 weeks ago and bought another bike 2 weeks ago. :becky:

Everyone will lay one down. They ain't riding if it hasn't happened. On mine years ago, at a red light, I planted my foot on what turned out to be some oil on the asphalt, foot slipped and down we went. Friend across the road at same light laughing his "a" off. Changed from leather sole to rubber sole boots right away. In teaching my oldest how to ride he laid it down (in an open field) I ran over as quick as I could and grabbed the bike getting it back up. Son was like sure dad i"m ok, I'm saying I see that but don't want oil on the heads! All part of riding. Ended up buying a Yamaha ha for him. His mom freaked out when I paid for him with ABATE, she thought it was like HA/81. Good memories! course he road in the back on any runs.

Back
Top Bottom