My First Hunt

GlockIssue

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
14   0
Reaction score
Pffft.... NO WAY I could teach anyone to hit a jumped woodcock on the wing. That was all you and your skill. :nod: Did you buy a lottery ticket by the way? ;)

Haha no but maybe I should.

I would have never even seen that woodcock though. I was walking through the woods like "duh"!

strongtactics

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Governor
253   0
Reaction score
Thats cool man. If you have a picture of you holding it or something, post it up. I would like to see it.
On a related note, I think I might go hunting for the first time this year (turning 40, never been). Hopefully I will be as successful as you were.
Not sure what I will hunt, I am thinking hogs...?

GlockIssue

Default rank 5000+ posts
14   0
Reaction score
Thats cool man. If you have a picture of you holding it or something, post it up. I would like to see it.
On a related note, I think I might go hunting for the first time this year (turning 40, never been). Hopefully I will be as successful as you were.
Not sure what I will hunt, I am thinking hogs...?

Be careful man, it's addictive. I'm gonna be in the market for a shotgun to hunt with soon. I've got my AR all done, so I'll hopefully be putting down coyotes with it soon. And I'm 32, so I'm not all that far behind you.

Woodcock.jpg

WMSproject

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
42   0
Reaction score
Good job! And welcome to the obsession.

But you need to head down here and do some REAL MAN hunting with hogs and dogs. Reach in and slit that hogs throat while the dogs are grappling with it. I'd be happy to film you - from a safe distance of course. :D

I'm with you on that Hog hunting, however if you slide that knife in under the armpit and wiggle it around in the chest cavity a bit, it takes the fight right out of him and you don't have the bloody throat to deal with.

GlockIssue

Default rank 5000+ posts
14   0
Reaction score
Good job! And welcome to the obsession.

But you need to head down here and do some REAL MAN hunting with hogs and dogs. Reach in and slit that hogs throat while the dogs are grappling with it. I'd be happy to film you - from a safe distance of course. :D

I'm with you on that Hog hunting, however if you slide that knife in under the armpit and wiggle it around in the chest cavity a bit, it takes the fight right out of him and you don't have the bloody throat to deal with.

*winces* I think I'd rather just use a gun. To each his own though ;)

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
57   0
Reaction score
Be careful man, it's addictive. I'm gonna be in the market for a shotgun to hunt with soon. I've got my AR all done, so I'll hopefully be putting down coyotes with it soon. And I'm 32, so I'm not all that far behind you.

View attachment 337129

Wait a minute... that's a HEADLESS woodcock! No wonder you were able to hit it. No fair!

Top Bottom