• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My first walleye.

I assume this was at Carters? Were you targeting walleyes or did you catch it while bass fishing? What did you catch it on? What's your go to bait at Carters?

Sorry for all the questions. I have never fished Carters. My go to baits are a spinner bait and a plastic worm. My boy fishes a lot more than I do now . He uses a bunch of techniques that I have never heard of. Neadless to say, he usually out fishes me now.

I'm cool with that. He says he wants to be a guide for a living. My wife is not happy with that, but I told him if that is what he REALLY wants to do for a living, I would support him 100%!

Life is too short to be stuck with a ****ty job! Trust me, I'm 48 and still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up!

Sorry for the derail. I'm out of town working and have had a couple beers...........too many!

I had him in the live well but my pops said we were going to take my mom out to dinner for her birthday tonight and I wouldn't have time to clean it. Then after I released it mom calls and says she doesn't want to go out to dinner. /Sigh.

Dammit man! I lol'd but that sucks!!!

I assume this was at Carters? Were you targeting walleyes or did you catch it while bass fishing? What did you catch it on? What's your go to bait at Carters?

Sorry for all the questions. I have never fished Carters. My go to baits are a spinner bait and a plastic worm. My boy fishes a lot more than I do now . He uses a bunch of techniques that I have never heard of. Neadless to say, he usually out fishes me now.

I'm cool with that. He says he wants to be a guide for a living. My wife is not happy with that, but I told him if that is what he REALLY wants to do for a living, I would support him 100%!

Life is too short to be stuck with a ****ty job! Trust me, I'm 48 and still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up!

Sorry for the derail. I'm out of town working and have had a couple beers...........too many!
It was Carters. Was targeting bass in the shallows near the banks. Caught him on a 2 inch jig curly tail grub with ultralight tackle and 4 lb test line. Old faithful is this bait.
http://www.gandermountain.com/modpe...id=adwords__&gclid=CO6PnIGhjdMCFVIdgQod1VEGaA
cdn.gandermountain.com_product_765_765366_L1.jpg_61acadb283b47d6d6813c50bc5ebac59.jpg

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/strike-king-mr-crappie-116-oz-jighead
assets.academy.com_mgen_87_10191887.jpg

Yep let him be what he wants to be. :)

Back
Top Bottom