• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My four-legged friend has passed...

Just found out we may be putting my dog to sleep today. He was a rescue, we believe he's between 12 and 14 years old. He was badly abused before we adopted him, and has been in declining health the past couple weeks.
He was at the vet yesterday, and is going into renal failure. We also had a disturbing discovery yesterday since the vet took a number of xrays... he had been shot with a .177 cal pellet gun some time before we got him.
we've had him for about 5 years and he's been loved and has had a good life with us...
He and I had bonded, and he's been my dog since he came here... we have 2 other dogs who never accepted him into the "pack".
If it comes to it, I'll have a difficult time of it, and I will miss him.

My Avatar (Mac-Mac) and my King Charles Cavalier had Heart Attacks a week apart from each other, both were saved by a Dr. at Suwanee Animal Hospital. I was up last week and this week giving them Medication every 8-12hrs. My boy Mac-Mac could not even walk, so when he told me it was time to go out I had to carry him to and from the yard. They are doing better but I left information at the animal hospital that if they stop breathing again to not resuscitate them, I don't want my dogs to suffer.

A side note... a family friend lost a young son late last year. The details for the lost are painful and traumatic for the family. They celebrated his birthday yesterday and we were there. His mom knew of our recent loss and on hearing our nick-name for Ty (Ty-Bear, since he was a huge but gentle giant), commented that was their son's nick-name too. She said they had planned on getting him a puppy last Christmas but with his passing they couldn't. His mom said now he has our puppy to keep him company in heaven. My Ty's passing on their Ty's birthday is too much of a coincidence...

He's not gone yet, still waiting on the vet's prognosis... I was just warned this may be the decision I'll need to make today...
I feel for you ODT brother. I had to make that decision a couple of years back. My girl now lies resting in our side yard in a nice graveled grave site. Still miss daddy's girl every single day!

Back
Top Bottom