• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Garand went boom.. good and bad. I need some help.

Robroyb

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
122   0
Reaction score
Hey Garand guys. I'm still very new to milsurps and rifles in general. I took a friend out with her son to let him shoot a few of my rifles this past weekend. On the first shot with the Garand, the trigger guard dislodged and hung down. I'm not experienced in repairs, but want to learn. I'd prefer to sit with someone and have them show me what happened and get it fixed as well together. Any tips on who could help me with this old beauty?

62d4820bd0f0f60ff618c91d777638fa.jpg

e70558937db8143ce86877eed7840fd5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Maybe it just wasn’t seated correctly?
That seems to be right. It just shifted down, tho nothing looks broken. I didn't see any screws and can't understand how it would be just stuck in and not being held in place by screws. It looked like it was seated good prior to shooting.

Its a new rifle for me, bought earlier this year, but my first shot with it Saturday. So, it shot great, so sweet, but the trigger group dropped down with that one shot.

wish i could help you but i gots no clue but with as many garand nuts on here as there are, someone HAS to have seen this before

This, sometimes you have to slap that puppy down. Saw one armorer at the CMP use a rubber mallet. He said this was designed to be abused by 18 year old idiots and survive a battle field, you ain't gonna break it.
Thanks for that tip. So, it doesn't have screws holding it together?

Back
Top Bottom