• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My grandson going in for surgery UPDATE #16

Getting tubes in his ears. Oh my those socks. Lol

View attachment 5042393
Best wishes for the little fella, but I don't think you've got anything to worry about. Both of my kids had to have them nearly 30 years ago and it was no sweat. At least one of them had to have them put in twice..... but still no problem.

As far as efficacy goes, the reason they were put in was because of fluid build up in the ear drum and this was the way to alleviate that problem. In my experience with my children the actual benefit didn't seem like it helped all that much with colds, sniffles, and fluids that necessitated the tubes in the first place. Regardless, it's a pretty straight forward procedure that can only have gotten better from when my kids had theirs. The cost? It's a different thing nowadays, I guess.

Best wishes for the little fella, but I don't think you've got anything to worry about. Both of my kids had to have them nearly 30 years ago and it was no sweat. At least one of them had to have them put in twice..... but still no problem.

As far as efficacy goes, the reason they were put in was because of fluid build up in the ear drum and this was the way to alleviate that problem. In my experience with my children the actual benefit didn't seem like it helped all that much with colds, sniffles, and fluids that necessitated the tubes in the first place. Regardless, it's a pretty straight forward procedure that can only have gotten better from when my kids had theirs. The cost? It's a different thing nowadays, I guess.
Thanks. He has had so many ear infections in his 10 months that the Dr.s had used all the different antibiotics that he could have. Hoping to eliminate those darn things.

Back
Top Bottom