• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Humble 1922 Family

Some new additions:

0ekCFu1.jpg

The first one is a correct, original finish Model of 1922. It is SN 1546 has a barrel date 10-22 and was likely assembled in 1923. Nothing terribly special about that, other than the fact that only 2020 Model of 1922 rifles were made and very few remain in original condition. What is different, however, is the grasping groove on the 1922, (NRA), stock. The grasping groove is standard on the issue stocks, but is an anomaly on the 1922 stock. Reports are that some early Model of 1922’s had this stock and with some digging, I have stumble across the following rifles with grasping grooves; SN’s 1, 20, 1444, 1698 and now 1546.

The second rifle is a M1922MI transition model. It is SN 20392 and has a 10-31 barrel date. Transition rifles were late SN M1922MI’s that were offered for sale by the DCM in 1934 with the new M2 bolt and M2 magazine. The M2 bolt was the first variant without the headspace adjustment feature. Brophy’s book references these rifles, stating that probably less than 200 were produced. A Jan/Feb 1985 Man at Arms article, by W. P. Eyberg, lists only 84 known serial numbers, including 20392.

These are great looking and appear to have like new stocks in excellent condition - beautiful collection!
Thanks. Most original condition rifles will some dings. On the other hand, it is not unusual to find good condition stocks on the armory upgraded rifles. The M1922MI transition rifle, however, is completely original and in excellent condition. I believe it was from a collection because it still had harden cosmoline inside the stock. Just a lucky find on my part because the auction had it listed as a WW2 M1/M2 upgraded rifle.

Art

1922 been on my bucket list for years
Well last week while on vacation went to a gun show
I was one of the first in, anyway there she set and in fantastic condition
Well too make a long story short she is at my house now
And it shoots lights out ,smooth as silk
It's a mod. 1922 mkii

Back
Top Bottom