• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My mom passed away last week...

I am very sorry. It hurts, and the hurt will never stop, but you will learn to live with it. You will remember happier and funny moments more often than her death.
If there is a local hospice group, sign up. It will be very helpful. Do not try to internalize the grief, cry it out, scream it out.

My condolences on your loss. It is tough to lose the only person on earth that loves you unconditionally (other than children). My mom died 10 years ago. I miss her every day and would give everything I own to have lunch with her one more time. The hurt lessens over time but she is in you in so many ways she'll never really be "gone." My brothers and I remember her for what she taught us and what she'd say in any situation in which we find ourselves. We miss making her laugh worst of all. Your mom had 88 years, my girlfriend's mom had 100. I had my mom for 41 years. I was very lucky to have had a heart attack in late Aug. '06. She died Oct. 02, '06. She had my dad drive all the way to Cincinnati to pick me up from the hospital and drive me to Chicago. I spent about a week with her before she went back to Georgia. That's the last time I saw her. I'm very sorry and will say a prayer for you.

I'm so sorry for your loss, and really sorry she passed before you could get to her but I'm sure she was very glad you were able to spend time with her before that. I was on my way to see my granddad to bring him some Thanksgiving dinner when I got the call that he had passed, I was only 10 minutes away but I just wasn't quite quick enough. I understand exactly what you're feeling. My heart goes out to you.

I know your grief, I lost both my parents and the grief never foes away, it just fades until we are accustomed to it, just know she is in a much better place and has a new purpose, being you and yours, Guardian Angel,
7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom