• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My new AR build

sovietak474u

Default rank 5000+ posts
My honor is loyalty
380   0
Reaction score
Well, building my own Ar. Its coming along good. Got a colt/FN 20 inch upper, spikes tactical lower, rock river parts kit and AR stoner stock (coming soon). Building Ar-15s is soooo much fun. Very relaxing and fun kinda like a puzzle... a very cool puzzle. Only took me 20 min to assemble the lower. Here is a few pictures.

i53.tinypic.com_260pjyd.jpg

i53.tinypic.com_2moz5tj.jpg

i52.tinypic.com_2zomemd.jpg

Last edited:
I really like those Spikes lowers. They are very well made and I like the finish. I'll be building another AR to add to the stable this summer and that's the lower I'll use. That one looks good. Make sure to give us updates when you complete the build.

I was talking to another member just yesterday about building an AR. Great start man! Make sure to post pics when completed.

Built my last one off of a spike's lower, I love them. i used a dpms lower parts kit and haven't been very impressed im already getting a little pin walk... nothing bad but if it move's ill play with it and i don't want to play with them.

Who do yall feel make's the best lpk?

The best lower parts kits to me is the rock river ones. The parts are high quality and the triggers are very smooth. I only have about 500 in it. The upper and lower were 500 and someone gave me the lower kit. The buttstock was free due to a coupon and credits I had at midwayusa.com I think I did rather good. I love the spikes tactical lower. They have a backup of a few weeks on their website, thank god autreys armory had them in stock! They are by far my favorite lower.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom