• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My new baby will be here tuesday.

I know one thing he sure does like his head rubbed. Every time I try to get him out of the cage to play with him he lowers his head for a rub. If I try to pick him up and get a little to much into his space he will give me a warning peck to leave him alone. Maybe one day he will come out of the cage but for now I leave the door open and he has no interest in coming out as of yet.

I know one thing he sure does like his head rubbed. Every time I try to get him out of the cage to play with him he lowers his head for a rub. If I try to pick him up and get a little to much into his space he will give me a warning peck to leave him alone. Maybe one day he will come out of the cage but for now I leave the door open and he has no interest in coming out as of yet.

He probably just wants his own keyboard for ODT trolling or Cockatoo'ing. :)

With most young trust is earned, in time you will grow on him.
Yep. I hope so.
cool bird Bypass,enjoy him.Guy had one at a business in Griffin and every time someone would walk by the bird would say "Its A Bust."
"It's a bust." LOL Thanks man he has already really brightened up the place. :)

Maybe I should put the keyboard in his cage and let him have at it. ;)

Couldn't be that much worse than some of the posts we see here some times.

Have you tried anything else beside peanuts yet. I remember seeing a parrot that would pick out every pepper pod and crack them open first. Nice bird either way. How long do they normally live? Old boss's mother had a yellow parrot of some sort that would mimic her by walking down the hall with a limp saying "wadder up" all the time just like she did. This same bird was a rescue bird that had been kept out in the garage by the previous own. He said you would be sitting there and suddenly the bird would mimic a car opening up and being cranked. Watch out where you put it, just saying.

My sister had a gray parrot that was a great talker, it didn't sound like a bird at all.
If it spoke at night in the dark it could scare you.
The bird would call the dog and the dog would come running, look around then leave.
I don't think he ever figured out it was the bird calling him.

Sparky lived 40 years, she caught a cold when Superstorm Sandy hit my sisters place hard, she did all she could for her....

Decades ago a girl my sister worked with had picked up a gray, bird was making strange sounds, so she asked my sister to come by.
My sister had no idea what the sound coming out of this bird was supposed to be, until her friend went to the bathroom and flushed the jon.
So yea, be careful where you put it, lol.

Bypass Bypass - Another guy friend of my sisters had a parrot and he use to play war tapes for it when he was out of the house. My sister said she would be on the sofa getting buzzed and all of a sudden you would hear a bomb whistling then a big boom, followed by a fire fight with all different kinds of weapons.

That sounds like you. :becky:

Back
Top Bottom