• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My new best friend (Cane Corso)

I was very surprised at their intelligence. Mine is half Lab, half Corso, but she is one of the smartest dogs I've raised.

She is proving to be fiercely independent. I like her for it, but will show her where she stands in the pecking order, and she will be a wonderful dog. She is also completely loving to my 5 year old son, which is vital. She loves him way more than me right now, but she is learning my way with amazing speed, and will come around just fine. Lol

Last night someone mentioned to me that they would like to have a Corsos, and not knowing them very well or their personality type, I simply stated that Corsos are not for everyone. They are not. They take patience, skill, and leadership...But once they are properly trained, combined with consistency from the owner, they are really incredible dogs. That's why I had to have her. :love_heart:

20190815_183755.jpg

20190815_181130.jpg

20190815_184137.jpg

She is proving to be fiercely independent. I like her for it, but will show her where she stands in the pecking order, and she will be a wonderful dog. She is also completely loving to my 5 year old son, which is vital. She loves him way more than me right now, but she is learning my way with amazing speed, and will come around just fine. Lol

Last night someone mentioned to me that they would like to have a Corsos, and not knowing them very well or their personality type, I simply stated that Corsos are not for everyone. They are not. They take patience, skill, and leadership...But once they are properly trained, combined with consistency from the owner, they are really incredible dogs. That's why I had to have her. :love_heart:

View attachment 2239579
View attachment 2239580
View attachment 2239581
If she's like mine was , once she get's used to your place and understands that you're her food source she'll be all over you

Here's my little girl. She's past on now. We bought the male when he was 2. Her pups were huge ; the pup in the pic was 6wks (Bear)

Attachments

• dixie pup.JPG
    dixie pup.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 7
  • dixie pup 2.JPG
    dixie pup 2.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 7
  • dixie.JPG
    dixie.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 7
  • dixie 2.JPG
    dixie 2.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 7
  • kimbo.JPG
    kimbo.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: MRH
This guy has love for days. I think a lot of bacon and slow cooked ribs turned him into my slave.

The Dogue Bourdeaux is the most fiercely loyal companion I have ever had around. I love mine. She is like an oversized, gentle pit. I would love to have a male!

I fully expect this Corso to be the same. She is already showing me an uncommon kind of intelligence.

Her breeder is top shelf, and strives to improve the breed with every generation. She gave me a very thorough (and well done) family tree of generations leading up to my pup. Pretty fascinating. After meeting the pup's parents I had zero doubt she will have intelligence in spades.

The Dogue Bourdeaux is the most fiercely loyal companion I have ever had around. I love mine. I would love to have a male!

I fully expect this Corso to be the same. She is already showing me an uncommon kind of intelligence.

Her breeder is top shelf, and strives to improve the breed with every generation. She gave me a very thorough (and well done) family tree of generations leading up to my pup. Pretty fascinating. After meeting the pup's parents I had zero doubt she will have intelligence in spades.
I could go on & on about these dogs . I've raised several large breeds and this dog is no doubt my favorite. They're different for sure, I have no doubt she'd died for me and mine and she let everybody know.

Reactions: MRH
Treat trained...

My breeder/trainer also specializes in training pit bulls...and particularly the mean ones, who are not so mean, after all. They only had ****ty owners prior to being either taken away or turned into a shelter.

Some of the most intelligent dogs I've ever witnessed were pit bulls.

Back
Top Bottom