• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My new favorite plumbing snake.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
So I saw a really cool video on this drain snake on you too be and had to try it out.
It the Harbor Freight Bauer brand self feeding hand held drain snake.

I had one of those hand crank ones that worked but it finally exploded on me while cranking away as it killed my wrist with fatigue while using.
So I got this bad boy after looking for alternatives that won’t break the bank.

It only has a 22’ cable but this tool is capable of clearing most in home hairball clogs.
I’ve used it a couple times already and I’m very impressed.
There are different cable size option you could buy if you wanted to change it out.
It comes with a standard 1/“2 wide auger tip.
It’s reversible and very comfortable to use.
Feels like a rifle and the motor seems like a gnarly little beast.
For $126.00 after tax it wasn’t too bad.
I’m sure better deals are out there to be had but this was store price.

I’ve been really pleased with this thing and it is very fun to use actually.
I kinda find myself wishing for a clogged sink just so I can break it out and use it again.
I just pretend I’m shooting communist dictators past, present and future and I get a big smile on my face.
If you’re looking for a semi compact alternative to those non ergonomic hand crank piles of wrist aching crap then give this a try.
Of course HF will try to sell you warranties, want to pressure you into an account or coax you into giving them your email address for a constant barrage of harassing sales promotions but just say NO and pay with cash…..they hate that and it makes you feel like you’re sticking it to the man….for some reason….lol….I dunno why but it does.

I took this over to my sisters place to unclog her tub drain and after my Bro in law saw it in action he’s buying one .

It’s definitely my cool tool of the month.

Yes it’s standard plug in with GFCI test and reset button on plug end….not cordless and seems like it would twist a 2x4 in half if it could.

Attachments

• EC3C31FD-DD86-4B16-8F81-C8D914423090.jpeg
    EC3C31FD-DD86-4B16-8F81-C8D914423090.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 12
  • C59C1BDB-7D60-4778-90D0-1A13E35F2229.jpeg
    C59C1BDB-7D60-4778-90D0-1A13E35F2229.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 11
Several things you can do.
Usually there’s no poo involved as these are meant mostly for sink and tub drains.
But you can rinse it off with a hose if you’re Going in the poop.
I usually hold an old towel at the feed port and squeeze the cable as it comes in.

You can always pull the cable back out outside, hose it off and even spray it with lubrication if you want to avoid rust.

Back
Top Bottom