• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My new Mountain Cur

Lazy cur dog. LoL!
Too much food and excersize will do that, I guess.
20170127_001117.jpg

That's a dog that will eat your house if you leave it unattended for long. Give her a job to do and keep her busy...most curs will be fine.

Mine was somewhat of a nut-case: chewed through a 2 inch PVC conduit and bit off my generator leads, tore down my electric gate panel, and ate the center out of the seat of my Kubota RTV in one day. I finally gave her to some cowboys who trained cattle dogs. They kept her and she is quite happy with her job.

That's a dog that will eat your house if you leave it unattended for long. Give her a job to do and keep her busy...most curs will be fine.

Mine was somewhat of a nut-case: chewed through a 2 inch PVC conduit and bit off my generator leads, tore down my electric gate panel, and ate the center out of the seat of my Kubota RTV in one day. I finally gave her to some cowboys who trained cattle dogs. They kept her and she is quite happy with her job.
Heck, I bought her some chew toys and she hasn't touched them other than picking them up and put in her hiding place under a rocking chair.

Heck, I bought her some chew toys and she hasn't touched them other than picking them up and put in her hiding place under a rocking chair.
Mine was called a Catahoula Leopard Cur, perhaps the above does not apply to your dog.
She is gorgeous regardless. I named mine "Shredder"

Mine was called a Catahoula Leopard Cur, perhaps the above does not apply to your dog.
She is gorgeous regardless. I named mine "Shredder"
Catahoula Cur is a little bigger and seem to be more aggressive towards humans. I had a buddy with one years ago and it was trained for hogs and bear. Straight up a good tracker and bad ass fighter.

12 days in and Lucy is finally starting to look healthy. Still gotta cover those hip bones a little more then i'll back her off a little on the food.
4 cups of puppy chow per day with a teaspoon of bacon grease is where we are now.
We also hit the woods for at least 2 miles per day. Thanks @slowloper for the recommendations on the food :thumb:
20170206_224639.jpg

Back
Top Bottom