• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My New Reloading Setup!!

I saw where you listed a few old manuals, I suggest that you look into getting yourself a couple of new manuals. I recommend the Lyman #49 and then maybe add a Hornady or Speer manual. The Lyman has some load info that the other manuals I have do not.

I've already got Lyman 49, got it yesterday. Going to get Hornady also and probably a third one. I was able to get the load data for my 124gr FP directly from Hornady, they emailed it to me.

I was able to scrounge around 50ish 9mm cases from the range tonight from bowling pin night only to get home and realize that the tumbler I got doesn't come on when plugged in? So, I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna have to get a new tumbler. I plugged in this Ultra Vibe 18, and got nothing. Maybe I'm being completely tarded on this one, but I don't see a switch, on button, anything. Anyone know if this Ultra Vibe 18 is supposed to come on when it's plugged in or if there is something that I am missing?

Last edited:
The web is a great place to get load data from manufacturers. Most powder and bullet companies will be more than happy to help you out if you send em an e mail. Nosler and Sierra have phone #s you can call and speak to a ballistics technician. I was gonna recommend some beginners manuals but it sounds like you have the basics covered and only need the data. Bass pro and Davids gun room have hand loading supplies and are pretty competitive on their prices if you add shipping.I have seen free manufacturers load data pamphlets available at Davids and at several gun shows. I'll usually buy from local sources cause of haz mat fees and shipping plus if you don't buy local then these sources dry up.
Good luck and happy birthday.

Bass pro and Davids gun room have hand loading supplies

As much as I hate to, I'm gonna give some business to Bullseye this time. They have a 1lb bottle of Unique for $18, and I'll be able to have it to try out some loads this weekend. I may grab some H-38 from Bass Pro next week too just to have a different type of powder for testing different loads.

As much as I hate to, I'm gonna give some business to Bullseye this time. They have a 1lb bottle of Unique for $18, and I'll be able to have it to try out some loads this weekend. I may grab some H-38 from Bass Pro next week too just to have a different type of powder for testing different loads.

W231 and HP38 is the same powder. I use Lyman 49th edition for load info. I read it cover to cover before I loaded anything. Different publications will have variables on starting and max loads. Also, Hodgon has on their web site data for different calibers and range of powders. Like mentioned earlier above start low on powder charge and work up. I use Montana Gold 115 FMJ 9mm with 4.5gr. of W231 with 1.1" OAL and it shoots great with consitent accuracy.
On your first re-load don't get carried away. Load a small quantity and see if it works and functions well. Carefully examine the brass you pick up at the range for deformity or bulges that might weaken the brass. I personally have never trimmed straight jacket pistol brass.
Sounds like you have the bug, and once you get dialed in you will load all brass you have at the house.

Back
Top Bottom