• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My new Sig P229 Blue Piranha, awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new P229 is pretty awesome. I really like the grips and the way it feels in hand. The DA pull is very clean, the SA is just the way I like it, reasonably soft without hard stop. Nice

Seriously? I'm impressed with Sig. What I'm not impressed with is a made up story. What "Large Fed agency" is that in which you're an armorer? The one in your garage? May we have it named? Because anonymous claims are unsubstatuated. I will give you as a contact to my friend who is a big time gun writer and we will see him contacting the agency, and Sig to confirm or deny the story. Because if it's true, it needs to be known. But you understand , if story is not confirmed, you will have very painful lawsuit for deminishing name of a brand by making fake stories.

I published a picture of my new perfect Sig to share it with my friends here. You wanna discuss something, go open new topic and look for attention there, give me a break.

Wow. You should do some research on who you're calling out there guy. cmshoot cmshoot is one of the most legit (if not the most legit) guy on here. Marine Sniper, Fed LE and very well known and current instructor on many disciplines from hand guns to long range shooting to tactics on top of being very well respected for just being a nice guy.

Wow. You should do some research on who you're calling out there guy. cmshoot cmshoot is one of the most legit (if not the most legit) guy on here. Marine Sniper, Fed LE and very well known and current instructor on many disciplines from hand guns to long range shooting to tactics on top of being very well respected for just being a nice guy.

Ya gonna make me blush......can I use you as a character reference........I have to renew my Top Secret clearance every 5 years and I'm running out of friends that will vouch for me! LOL

Seriously? I'm impressed with Sig. What I'm not impressed with is a made up story. What "Large Fed agency" is that in which you're an armorer? The one in your garage? May we have it named? Because anonymous claims are unsubstatuated. I will give you as a contact to my friend who is a big time gun writer and we will see him contacting the agency, and Sig to confirm or deny the story. Because if it's true, it needs to be known. But you understand , if story is not confirmed, you will have very painful lawsuit for deminishing name of a brand by making fake stories.

I published a picture of my new perfect Sig to share it with my friends here. You wanna discuss something, go open new topic and look for attention there, give me a break.
I'd advise that you shut your pie hole and listen for a second. Cmshoot is what he says he is and probably has more rounds through Sig variants than you've fired in your entire lifetime.

His comment was not a dig or an insult to your precious new hip jewelry. It was good, well intentioned advice. This issue with Sig has been acknowledged by them and about 5 minutes on Google will show you that this is a widespread issue that they are taking steps to resolve.

Top secret clearance for been an armorer? Is it preventive measure to keep you from divulging on forums :)
I was a scout, then in radio reconnaissance unit, in army division recon batallion, and never had top secret clearance.

Guys, you're taking things too seriously. The reputation is not made on forums, and WC1911guy, I would apologize if someone wouldn't be starting turing my happy news into some troubleshooting guide. Get some fresh air, it feels like you guys need some.
I'm a nice guy too. Cmshoot, if you in Atlanta I can take you for a beer and will let you try my baby at Stoddards, but knowing what and where to post is also part of an etiquette.

With kind regards

Armorer is a collateral duty, I do the regular job that FAMs do and that requires a TS clearance, which is renewed every 5 years (or thereabouts).

I was a Scout/Sniper and all kinds of cool-guy stuff in the Corps......no TS clearance there, either. It is, however, required as a FAM.

I'll say again, I was trying to help you, not hurt you. If I had the tools in my shop to replace the pin, I'd have invited you over and offered to replace it for free. I've worked on a lot of firearms for folks here on ODT and never charged for my time.

My reputation wasn't made on the internet. It was made in the Corps, 22 years of law enforcement, and as a Firearms/Tactics Instructor of a successful business that has taken me around the world training civilians, LE, and military.

I'm very particular about who I drink with, so I won't be taking you up on your oh-so-gracious offer. I prefer not to hang out with folks that call me a liar.

Top secret clearance for been an armorer? Is it preventive measure to keep you from divulging on forums :)
I was a scout, then in radio reconnaissance unit, in army division recon batallion, and never had top secret clearance.

Guys, you're taking things too seriously. The reputation is not made on forums, and WC1911guy, I would apologize if someone wouldn't be starting turing my happy news into some troubleshooting guide. Get some fresh air, it feels like you guys need some.
I'm a nice guy too. Cmshoot, if you in Atlanta I can take you for a beer and will let you try my baby at Stoddards, but knowing what and where to post is also part of an etiquette.

With kind regards
Side note, I do like your Sig. That blue looks awesome. I've got a Sig Scorpion Emperor Fast back 1911 in the bronze DLC coating. It looks amazing so I can only imagine how good that blue looks in person. Thanks for sharing as I had no idea they even made that model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom