• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Pre-Ban AK Collection... So Far

Nice collection of ak's! I have yet to acquire any pre bans. I do like to buy neutered guns and hunting down the parts to return them to original configuration. Doing a Sar 3 into an Md 90 currently. X xlilvi3tx , SOLGardener SOLGardener do ya'll get into that as well?

Thanks, and no... sounds likes a fun hobby but looking to get a couple of parts kits built though. And also be careful, apparantly still got a stupid **** law that still requires 6 U.S parts on them. Got a Tula kit a year ago and still waiting on receiver and a partial East German T3 kit hunting for parts at the moment.

Yep, Same for the bakelites. I can see $100, or 150 for one with a rare stamp on it, or a rare configuration (ribbed or waffle).
I guess if the fluerdelis mags are just not on the market, then $500 could happen.

I mean I have HK stuff, and don't bat an eye at a $300 scope mount or an $800 PSG1 trigger group, so it's relative. HK stuff is always high.

So I take it this is just your preban collection of AK's. Do you have Romanian, Polish, East German, etc as well?

I used to hate the EG plastic furniture, and by time it started to grow on me, it was out of circulation.

And yes, got a couple more and still hunting for a good bit more. If you scroll up, I posted pics of a few more. Looking for a nice East German MPi, a Polish Tantal, any true AK47 (not AKM) kit quality build, plus a few more on the want list. I enjoy the hunt.

Thanks, and no... sounds likes a fun hobby but looking to get a couple of parts kits built though. And also be careful, apparantly still got a stupid **** law that still requires 6 U.S parts on them. Got a Tula kit a year ago and still waiting on receiver and a partial East German T3 kit hunting for parts at the moment.

Ah yes, 922r. Always vigilant on the parts count. I have a Norinco Nhm91/84s over stamp that needs debanning. Would hate to replace that nice Chinese trigger for something else to meet required parts.

i didnt see the krinks and stuff until i got home tonight. i likethe milled m92. did you have it built? i see it has the three positions milled, and looks like the correct safety too whereas the m92pvs have a wrong cut for the bho.

Some of us older guys remember when these were all plentiful. My buddy bought a Polytech double folder (underfolding stock and bayonet) for $600 back in 1989 or 90.

And that reminds me that I bought a Sile import Norinco type 56 from a guy in New York that bought it to keep on his sail boat when at sea. He sold it to me for $550. I got it on a Friday and went to a gunshow with it on Saturday and a dealer offered me $850. That was the shortest time I had any gun, but should have kept it. It was unfired and mint with box.

I'm not that old but I do remember seeing all of these in much greater abundance 25-30 years ago. Yeah, I've been attending the shows since I was a young lad.

Beautiful family. I really like the Maadi. I have always been an admirer of the Egyptian AK's. I always meant to pick one up and never did, and after a while had almost forgotten them...Suddenly after looking at your pics I really want one again. LOL

My question is which one do you enjoy shooting the most?

Sadly, I don't shoot any of my prebans. I am more a collector than a shooter. I enjoy art and I find my art in the form of guns lol. I have a Mitchell Postban M90 and a CZ VZ that I keep and shoot. So to answer your question, my black VZ 58 is my favorite rifle to shoot.
IMG_2641(1).JPG

Back
Top Bottom