• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Prepping Conundrum

When "IT" goes down? Been down for years. We are so conditioned to believe we can fight the man, we didn't even notice that, the generation that could and would, is dying off. The new generation are mindless sheep. Up is the only escape. Surrender to Christ completely, before it's eternally to late. Hate to be a bummer but, there is a inventory of everything we possess in the cloud. The RFID implantation was promised to be implemented by 2017(Obama to the EO) . We're at the end folks.

When "IT" goes down? Been down for years. We are so conditioned to believe we can fight the man, we didn't even notice that, the generation that could and would, is dying off. The new generation are mindless sheep. Up is the only escape. Surrender to Christ completely, before it's eternally to late. Hate to be a bummer but, there is a inventory of everything we possess in the cloud. The RFID implantation was promised to be implemented by 2017(Obama to the EO) . We're at the end folks.

Are suggesting mass suicide or else we will all be implanted with RFID chips?

You're obviously close with your sister. The best way to explain things won't work if she's not going to listen. Try easing her into it, show her articles people have written about surviving aftermaths of various disasters and how they did it, as well as what they do now. At the very least tell her the precautions that the government organizations recommend, because if they're telling you to have it, it's probably because you need at least that much before they can get to you in the event of an emergency.

Which brings me to my other point: don't try to get her to prep for doomsday right off the bat. It can seem overwhelming, but the first time her supplies get her through a power outage, earthquake, or other could-be hardship, she'll probably be more open to try more.

...I worry more about what our government/economy might do one day than a natural disaster or some kind of foreign attack. If that were the case, roadblocks and check points are going to prevent any sort of travel.

http://www.infowars.com/after-huge-ammo-buy-dhs-purchases-bullet-resistant-booths/

This is an agency whose responsibilities are supposed to be purely domestic.

Bumping this old thread to say that this previous poster is onto something.

The coronavirus outbreak of this year, and a snow storm that hit the Atlanta area a couple of years ago, featured many different government agencies and civil authorities (mayors, County commissions county executives etc. ) basically declaring no travel --except for a small number of "approved people" going to or from only certain "approved" places.

The Government, generally speaking, seems to think that they have the power-- during any time of declared emergency or crisis-- to suspend the right of travel. Deny people the use of the highway system (not just interstates but even US highways and state roads even your local neighborhood streets.)

They could have a police roadblock, or law-enforcement just monitoring the passing traffic and pulling over anybody who doesn't look like they live there...

... or anybody who looks like they may be "bugging out" due to all the gear and supplies in and strapped onto their vehicle.

...It turned out that I couldn't get into the area because all highways and backroads were blocked (either by trees, debris, or the National Guard).

No gas stations were open because of the power failures, and in fact, several instances of hijackings and highway robberies were reported.

I ended up having to back down because my hands were tied.

Yeah, I predict that Government authorities blocking roads and refusing to let you travel during times of emergency is a trend.
In the government's "emergency management" line of thinking, they are now considering this a perfectly legitimate tool in their toolbox-- to use in a wider range of situations and wider geographic areas.

There Are plenty of threads here on this website that talk about the difficulty of traveling long-distance is after a disaster or break down in society because of problems requiring gasoline having the roads blocked by debris or facing marauding bands of locals that will try to carjack you but what we're not talking about enough I think is the possibility of government agents stopping you from traveling and you should consider that possibility when you're thinking about the decision of sheltering in place versus bugging out.are plenty of threads here on this website that talk about the difficulty of traveling long-distance is after a disaster or breakdown in society because of problems acquiring gasoline having the roads blocked by debris or facing marauding bands of locals that will try to carjack you but what we're not talking about enough I think is the possibility of government agents stopping you from traveling and you should consider the possibility when you're thinking about the decision of "sheltering in place" versus "bugging out."

Also, if your survival plan includes communicating with other individuals or groups of preppers, (such via the internet, phone, or even ham radio) and trading and bartering for supplies (some of your extra bullets for some of their extra beans), keep in mind that the government may try to deny you use of the roads.

Back
Top Bottom