• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My season

It’s my first season this year and I haven’t seen anything. Some days I heard dogs running others there were shot heard all around me... yet I won’t be discouraged, there’s always next year.
Hang in there. Some people just have good luck but not me. I didn't see deer the first year I started hunting. Now I see them all the time but I'm too picky so the season ended and my freezer is empty. But I've always said even if I don't shoot anything as long as I see deer and don't spook them, it was a successful hunt.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Me and that neighbor would be having a very serious discussion about trespassing!!![/QUOTE
Heck it’s not my property it’s my grandfathers land, he said he told them I was hunting up there... if it were my place I would have never posted this ad that stuff flat out wouldn’t fly... as for shooting the dog... Meh, I actually like him just not what his owners do with him

It’s my first season this year and I haven’t seen anything. Some days I heard dogs running others there were shot heard all around me... yet I won’t be discouraged, there’s always next year.

I'm in the same boat! 2nd full deer season without meat in the freezer. I have loved getting out in the field and learning something each time. The meat will come eventually. Fortunately, I'm not just in it for meat. I chalk it up to those that started when they were 5 years old have a significant head start as far as learning the ways of the woods. I didn't start hunting until my 30th birthday. Just have to stay positive and keep venturing into the unknown until it becomes more known. Cheers and good luck to all!

I'm in the same boat! 2nd full deer season without meat in the freezer. I have loved getting out in the field and learning something each time. The meat will come eventually. Fortunately, I'm not just in it for meat. I chalk it up to those that started when they were 5 years old have a significant head start as far as learning the ways of the woods. I didn't start hunting until my 30th birthday. Just have to stay positive and keep venturing into the unknown until it becomes more known. Cheers and good luck to all!
My thoughts as well, I wish I had the opportunity to start at a young age but growing up in a family that was anti-gun made it impossible. I enjoy every chance I get to spend time in the woods, and the possibility of it bringing food to the table makes it that much more enticing.

I’m the only deer hunter in my family and started in my late 20’s.
It’s been a great life changer for me and I spend soooo much time in the woods.
My Mom said she knew I’d be a hunter as much time I spent in the woods as a kid.
It was the only place I ever felt right at home.

Back
Top Bottom