• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My soon-to-be CMP road trip. (Garand Purchase)

GeorgiaHunter

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
So I finally have enough to buy an M1 Garand. I plan on looking at the service grade options, unless the field grades look fine. This will be my first Garand. And although I'm not real sure what to look for on the guns, I hear the CMP's grading is very fair, if not favorable to the buyer. But my main question is about qualifying for purchase. My understanding is that you have to be a member of a gun club or something to that effect. Is an NRA membership good enough? What has been your experience with this?

You can Join the GCA (Garand Collectors Association) at the CMP Store and it counts for the club.
It cost 25.00 to join for one year.
Edit: And your Georgia weapons permit counts for Marksmanship or other Firearms Related Activity.

Veteran status counts, wasn't sure they still accepted CCW .

Always best to refer to latest requirements.

So I finally have enough to buy an M1 Garand. I plan on looking at the service grade options, unless the field grades look fine. This will be my first Garand. And although I'm not real sure what to look for on the guns, I hear the CMP's grading is very fair, if not favorable to the buyer. But my main question is about qualifying for purchase. My understanding is that you have to be a member of a gun club or something to that effect. Is an NRA membership good enough? What has been your experience with this?

Pics and info when you get her home!

Back
Top Bottom