• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My soon-to-be CMP road trip. (Garand Purchase)

Just an observation:

The gauges that CMP has on site that you can use WILL show the barrel in worse shape than a new set of gauges will show. Theirs have a lot of wear on them.

IOW, your gun is probably in better shape than what the tag shows! Check with your own gauges.

Enjoy your trip.

The GCA membership also comes with the quarterly magazine that is very good and informative. The armorers working the store, and other regulars that may be there are also good for assistance is picking out a good one.

There have not been any Springfield or HRA field or service grades in the store lately, just IHC and Winchesters, which cost a good bit more that the SA and HRA, and usually some Specials. Any Rack Grades have also been few and far between. There is also the 10% sales tax.

I hope to be there when the doors open to pick up the best rack grade shooter they have. Then headed over to see Steve Edwards to pick up an HRA he accurized and a tanker that proved to be quite a challenge! GeorgiaHunter GeorgiaHunter hit me up if you make it over tomorrow morning. 229-894-9580 Brett
Haven't seen rack grades in a while and not many field grade Springfields at times

I hope to be there when the doors open to pick up the best rack grade shooter they have. Then headed over to see Steve Edwards to pick up an HRA he accurized and a tanker that proved to be quite a challenge! GeorgiaHunter GeorgiaHunter hit me up if you make it over tomorrow morning. 229-894-9580 Brett
Thanks for the offer, Brett. I really want to go in the week. I SOOOOO hate crowds. So I think it might be another week or two when I can get off work. We are super busy right now.

For what it's worth:
You'll need to prove citizenship - I used a passport.
Attending an Appleseed event qualifies for marksmanship training.
The RWVA (www.rwva.org) also qualifies as an affiliated club, it's cheap, and you can sign up on-line.

When I bought mine you could pick your rifle then do an out of state purchase. They would ship the rifle to you with no Alabama sales tax, but you do have to pay shipping. I couldn't wait, however - she had to come home with me! Then I disassembled her and cleaned out a bucket full of cosmoline.

Good luck with the purchase!

Back
Top Bottom