• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My weekend started off bad

I am waiting for Lagrange to assign a detective and see what I can do. The problem is the thief was good at duplicating the Tracker stickers and hull ID tag. They looked factory. I do have a buddy whose wife is a lawyer and will help me out.

Long ago I bought a 14 ft. Monark flat bottom. It had a small front plywood platform. I had it for a couple of years, put a 20HP Merc on it and used it for Lake Hartwell Fishing. One night my son let some candles burn down and caught the plywood on fire. No big deal, pulled off the plywood and WTF engraved in the aluminum was "Indian Springs State Park. WWWWOOPS, put the plywood back on, some carpet and when we sold the Hartwell house, it stayed there.

Long ago I bought a 14 ft. Monark flat bottom. It had a small front plywood platform. I had it for a couple of years, put a 20HP Merc on it and used it for Lake Hartwell Fishing. One night my son let some candles burn down and caught the plywood on fire. No big deal, pulled off the plywood and WTF engraved in the aluminum was "Indian Springs State Park. WWWWOOPS, put the plywood back on, some carpet and when we sold the Hartwell house, it stayed there.
Reported

This,did it have a title?

Boats in Georgia do not have titles.

OP's only recourse is against whoever he bought the boat from.

Not just theory, 40 years ago bank in local town was floor planning cars for a local dealer, bank manager thought he got a good deal on a truck, had the bank he worked for finance the purchase.

Turned out the local car dealer was fencing hot cars from the NE, FBI swooped in, seized all the vehicles, including the banker's. He ended up paying for a truck he couldn't drive.

Years later, had similar situation with a JD tractor. Learned a valuable lesson from that affair - if you want to fence stolen stuff heavy equipment is the way to go, because again, there are no titles. Move it 10 counties away and it looks like every other JD tractor in the county. JD Finance found the tractor and repossessed it from the "owner", who was screwed, and when he went after his seller, the seller filed bankruptcy.

Anyway, OP's only possible recourse is against whoever sold it to him.

Back
Top Bottom