• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My weekend started off bad

Last April I bought a really nice used 2015 Bass Tracker Pro team 175. We took it to several different lakes and enjoyed it. Late last October we went to Lake Eufaula and got a leak. I finally did some troubleshooting a few weeks ago and decided to take it to a repair shop. I dropped it off Tuesday at West Marine and boat in Lagrange. Today they called and told me my boat was stolen 18 months ago up in Forsyth county. The stickers and hull ID tag had been changed and looked exactly like Tracker factory. The service manager called Tracker marine to see if it was still under warranty and the numbers did not match anything they had. The Tracker people told the service manager about another location to find the hull ID number. He found it and called Tracker back and was advised the boat was stolen . It had been sold twice before I bought it according to GA DNR. So now my boat is impounded by Lagrange PD. No detective has been assigned yet. I did speak to the detective originally assigned up in Forsyth county. I am pissed off. Making boat payments on a boat I do not have anymore. Not sure what direction I need to take now. I would love to find the thief who did this .
Damn man, I bought a boat like that but I discovered after I got home someone completely removed the HIN. I called the place that sold it to me to come get their boat and bring a check when they did. Good luck OP I feel for you man.

did Bypass own it before?
I had a 1998 tracker that I made the marina that sold the boat come pick up and repay me for what I paid for the boat. Two days after I got it.

IMG_3945.JPG
IMG_3946.JPG
IMG_3947.JPG
IMG_3948.JPG
IMG_3949.JPG
IMG_3950.JPG
IMG_3951.JPG
IMG_3952.JPG

Notice the HIN is gone and I bought the boat in AL and it is a GA boat.

IMG_3953.JPG
IMG_3954.JPG

On a side note some guy out there that bought this boat from bass pro when it was new only to have it stolen now has a leaky beat to hell boat. The only winner here is the finance companies.

I will be suing the guy I bought it from. I know it will be next week before a detective is assigned the case in Lagrange. Then I will be dealing with them and the Forsyth county sheriff dept detective who was assigned the case when it was first stolen. I know this will be a long drawn out affair.

Back
Top Bottom