• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My weird experience hunting one night

whitelightnin22

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
Hard Workin’ Honky
139   0
Reaction score
A few years back me an my buddy Mike and 2 other guys he knew headed down to south ga where his dad lives so we could do some hog huntin. Most of the day was to no avail except a small sow that got away. As night fell. We split up into two groups. Me and Mike with his truck and dogs and the 2 other fellas in their truck with their dogs. The other guys hit some road that was 2 miles or better from the field me an Mike were in. Me an Mike parked the truck, turned it off an let the dogs loose. We had walked a semi-circle around the field and were about 200+ yards from the truck when Mike noticed his cargo and interior lights were on and his truck door was open. Knowing full well we closed the truck up and shut the lights off. Then we seen a figure of a man in front of the truck with a headlamp light on. Shining into the truck and then up into the trees. Mike hit the other guys up on the walkies and asked if they were at our truck. They replied no we are still on the road having no luck. Mike looked at me and said "who the **** is in my truck!" We both ran full speed toward the truck. We got halfway across the field then the headlamp and figure disappeared! We got back to the truck and found no signs of anything including no new tracks in the sand around the truck. We were miles and miles from the nearest house or town. In the middle of nowhere in huge farm fields. Who could have been out there? We loaded the dogs up and met the two other guys down the road like they said they were at. Told them of our experience and of course got laughed at and told we must have been drinkin. We haven't spoken much about it since. Still never could explain it.

Yep. It would've spooked me, too.
Just glad nothing else happened! Be thankful for a safe ending.

I was hiking in North Ga and passed a guy going the other way that was dressed in a suit that made no sense for the trail. The clothes looked like something from the 30s or 40s. At the falls I spoke with several other hikers the were behind me and asked what they thought about him. No one admitted to seeing him. I walked back to the car with a small group. Creeped me out good.

Back
Top Bottom