• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My wife digs our first CSA relic!!!

I'm down the road from you in Braselton some days. Just dug my first silver (plated) spoon in an old park up there last weekend. I do a good bit of reasearch up that way and have a few spots marked for hunting.

Message me if you wanted to get in an afternoon/evening hunt one day since the times changing.
I'm in Bartow county.
I will reply to everyone else in a bit.
Packing right now for tomorrow's adventuring. But will get back to the thread as soon as possible.
Thanks so much everyone for the kind words and taking the time to watch my video.

I've got several old 1920-30's homesites I'm hitting his weekend.

All week I have been taking lunch and doing curb strips in Atlanta by the old projects they tore down. Tons of trash but I know there has to be a silver coin somewhere.

I have an AT pro and try to grab weekday hunts as my work schedule allows if anyone wants to hook up.

I've been trying to figure out how to find old maps. Like to overlay and old map on a current Google Earth image. Pm me if you get a chance.
How do you find out what was at a location say 100 years ago? I've got a few places I want to explore with the kids.

Historicariels.com is what you seek. Has satellite images and topo maps. Some as old as 1900's. Best resource out there and all free.

Then compare to Google Earth images. Also Google earth has a history button. It will let you go back as far as it has images to see what was or wasn't there.

I spend about 10 hours a week searching for good public land spots with those programs.

Awesome. I still suspect there's a way to import or load in map images and overlay them. Just can't figure it out.
Thanks for the info!

Look on the tool bar. It will have a drop down box for overlaying major roads, all streets... Etc. helps a ton on finding the modern roads on the old maps.

I haven't figured out how to overly other maps onto them yet, but if you do let me know.

I'm down the road from you in Braselton some days. Just dug my first silver (plated) spoon in an old park up there last weekend. I do a good bit of reasearch up that way and have a few spots marked for hunting.

Message me if you wanted to get in an afternoon/evening hunt one day since the times changing.

Definitely some old homes up there that I've eyeballed passing through. I did well in winder, Monroe, lawrenceville. The old mill towns can be great. I dug a silver spoon handle in statham not that long back. Mower or tractor took off the spoon part itself but there was enough left for a spoon ring.

I'll definitely shoot you a message and we can get together sometime. Been itching to go lately

I've heard of this method. I live more in the sticks, just north of Kennesaw. I love finding relics but I'm a little to introverted for city detecting. Just about all my hobbies take me in the opposite direction of people haha.
But I would do it for a good spot in Kennesaw for sure.
Thanks for watching man!
FHAT'S PRETTY COOL MAN

Back
Top Bottom