• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My yard is screwed and I need some help!!!!

cskiles

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
25   0
Reaction score
So,
I've got a sinkhole in my front yard and I'm in desperate need of some landscape work. I am looking for a reference for someone to fill the sinkhole, level my yard, and re-sod the whole front yard. I've got one quote but would like to get a few more before I pull the trigger. I live in Kennesaw around the intersection of Mack Dobbs and Stilesboro, any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Corey

You should probably check the source of the sink hole. There are a couple of common causes:
1) Buried debris such as stumps wood and trash generated during construction that is buried and decomposes over time.
2) Leak in a sewer pipe. As the water flows through the pipe the dirt at the location of the leak is liquified and washed down the sewer.

The cause of the sink hole should be determined and corrected prior to adding dirt. Otherwise it will just sink again.

R&M Grading and Hauling (770)218-3055 has brought me fill dirt in the past. They may even spread it. I think they charged me about $300/load (probably about 15 tons). The quality of the material was good, and they delivered when they arranged. You will probably have to arrange with someone else to spread sod.

Good luck

We could handle this. It can be somewhat expensive.. depends.. some people argue it is best to dig the trash out, then fill it in. They are not wrong, but Sometimes i think its best to just fill in, knowing it may require another fill one day. (Both fills combined may cost less than digging it out. Also spreads out the cost, and you may sell before it is required again...) This is all assuming it is a "builders hole" Where construction trash was burried and now decayed... sinking... these builders holes were very common in construction in the 70's - early 90's (i think from memory). Sometimes digging the trash out is very costly. Some holes are quite deep. ....... fill it, grade, sod... a few thousand dollars...
A few other common sense things,,, make sure its not a water leak/erosion... mark the utilities..... pm me if interested.

Man, you can't just dump dirt in it and put grass on top. It needs to be dug out and slowly filled/compacted as you go. Make sure when you talk to someone they actually know what they are talking about. Dirt needs to have a certain moisture content to have proper compaction. Water or Lyme may need to be added if the soil is too dry or wet. Good luck.

The trash pile was under my driveway at my house. The previous owner drove over it and the whole driveway collapsed. They just ripped it up, filled it, and repoured the driveway. That was less than two years ago and now I have a 6 inch drop in my drive way and it looks like it could cave in at any time.

gfhdhdfdsf.jpg

See, I told you crippen crippen !!!

Back
Top Bottom