• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Myths and Truths about Cholesterol from The Weston Price Foundation

40-60% of your cholesterol levels are determined by genetics. Some studies have shown a link of up to 80%.

There are some other studies that show if you can fast for 12 hours (overnight) the cholesterol has a beneficial effect on removing neurologic plaques, and lower incidence of Alzheimers.

The Total Cholesterol to HDL ratio had a good run in the insurance companies for a while as an "index" for heart disease . An HDL above 60 is good.

Lastly, I've personally known several people who had muscular issues after being on 'statin drugs. But every primary doc is expected to push them on every adult patient.

"To me, the answer is clear: Every adult who is 50 or older with at least one risk factor for heart disease should be on a statin medication.
Statins are the gold standard of treatment for coronary heart disease, especially when paired with healthy lifestyle choices. They’re also approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a preventative therapy to slow the liver’s production of cholesterol, thereby reducing cholesterol levels in the blood. Statins are safe and effective, and I firmly believe adults should start taking them well before their senior years, when the risk for heart disease steadily increases."

Big Pharma for the monetary win, ya know?

Back
Top Bottom