• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

N.J. threatens 3-D 'ghost gun' makers

Deleted member 79987

Default rank 5000+ posts
Good enough for government work
79   0
Reaction score
DD_Liberator.png

Looks like these 3-D printed guns are back in the news. I remember hearing about this a couple of years ago when 3-D printers first came out.

https://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/07/3d-printed_guns_have_nj_officials_freaked_out.html

I love these laws that are in search of a problem to solve.

Democrats spend so much time focused on the wrong things...always. The have solutions for things that are not a problem. It amazes me really... you have to work hard to be that ignorant all of the time. Even an idiot would stumble upon a good idea once in a while, not these clowns.

Not an ATF letter. This was a settlement with DoD, Justice, State and Commerce depts stating that they will not prosecute or try and restrict anyone publishing data on 'non-military' firearms, including 3D printing files.

They specifically mentions that all manual and semi-automatic firearms up to 50 cal were not to be considered 'military arms' by the US government, and would be handled under the Commerce department rather than State and ITAR.

Expect that last to be used to fight every 'assault weapon' ban out there, since the Second Amendment Foundation was the legal representative.

Back
Top Bottom