• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Naa mini revolver

Inatree

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
9   0
Reaction score
I bought it cheap because it had been taken apart and wasnt assembled correctly, I knew it when I bought it, It was a project.
I've figured it out but there is a matter of the one and only frame screw threads are stripped in the frame.
I already have a new screw.
I am aware that this is left hand threads.
I've got two questions.
Once Ive identified the thread size and pitch of the this screw, Where can I find a tap that small ?
If I cannot get the screw to tighten even after re-threading, Which is very likely. What then ? Any Ideas ?

If the threads are stripped in the frame you can't tap back to the stock thread size, there's no metal to thread ?

Looks like you have about 0.102 inches (2.6 mm) of thickness on the right side frame to thread the screw into. You could try dimpling around the inner frame side of the hole threads with a pointed punch to flow some metal into the hole for the tap to work with. It also looks line they ground and polished the end of the screw that will protrude from the hole during manufacturing to make the screw appear perfectly flush with the frame (see url). Will the screw you received extend beyond the frame.
https://northamericanarms.com/shop/firearms/naa-22s/

Back
Top Bottom