• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Naan pizza - Air Fryer!? Heck yes!!!!

We didn't experience this, however I'm really particular about washing new things very well before use, which I did.
It's a smart thing to do, particularly because most appliances and stuff come from China now and while they may clean the main parts they are still wrapped up with some sort of plastic, boxes filled with fillers and you have no idea of the paper trail on that stuff. Seems to me like every tool or something like that I've ever gotten from China was covered in a sticky grease.....

I just got an air fryer myself but Ive been reading some reviews about the first few times you use it having a plastic smell. (burning the "new" off Im sure) Any advice for rookie cookie??
check to be sure all the plastic protective pcs are removed, some are small and hard to find, either one was left inside, or, it's ;like the new car smell, it'll evaporate soon.

Thanks guys. Ive washed all the parts and will do another inspection for any plastic. Ive already decided to do a test run on the back porch so as to not stink up the house. Ha!

Lowrecoil Lowrecoil I tossed the basket and grate in the dishwasher and then ran it at 400 for 10 min or so. No plastic smell or anything.

I did make some frozen breaded fish filets the first run and they came out AWESOME! I was surprised how easy it was to clean up afterwards as well, just a little hot water from the kitchen sprayer and some Dawn... like new in 20 seconds

Lowrecoil Lowrecoil I tossed the basket and grate in the dishwasher and then ran it at 400 for 10 min or so. No plastic smell or anything.

I did make some frozen breaded fish filets the first run and they came out AWESOME! I was surprised how easy it was to clean up afterwards as well, just a little hot water from the kitchen sprayer and some Dawn... like new in 20 seconds
great thanks! Ill throw my in the dishwasher tonght. I hand wash them originally but its been sitting a while waiting on me.

Is a convection oven a big air fryer? Our oven has the fan in it. Just curious since I threw away the stoves manual
Yes. An air fryer is just a really tiny electric convection oven. The main difference is sheer speed. The smaller basket of the air fryer means you convection cook your food much faster than a convection oven. The downside is you can't make big batches of food and have to rotate shelves. In a convection oven, you don't have to do that.

Back
Top Bottom