• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nambu Pistol

jscooba

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
28   0
Reaction score
Picked up a Nambu pistol this morning from the local pawn shop. Dont know much about these things, this is the first one I've seen in person. Its definitely an interesting design. I assume its a type 14 and wartime production? No import marks, so its probably a bring back? What would yall value it at? Maybe I didn't pay too much...

Attachments

• 20220312_104323.jpg
    20220312_104323.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 26
They made 3 different gun sizes. Definitely a collectors item. Because of the caliber/ballistics not a great caliber.

Out of curiosity a while back, I googled the ammo for these. There is one outfit that can make ammo for it. It is usually out of stock. I guess with the ammo shortages, it makes more sense to pump out the most popular ammo

Yet again, another WWII era collector gun, the Nambu was the Japanese handgun of choice. Lots of these came to America when the war ended but stocks of these have dried up considerably as they have been stashed away in gun safes never to be seen again.

If you have one of these pocket pistols, don't tell anybody. Offers will start coming in like crazy. Don't accept anything less than $1,000.

Its the stamping on the right rear of frame that tells you when it was made...
The 19.4 stamp equates to this pistol being made in April 1944.
The most common problem with these pistols is a broken firing pin... The tips notoriously break off due to the design and their metallurgical skills weren't great at this time during the war...

Do all the numbers match, including the mag.???

Its the stamping on the right rear of frame that tells you when it was made...
The 19.4 stamp equates to this pistol being made in April 1944.
The most common problem with these pistols is a broken firing pin... The tips notoriously break off due to the design and their metallurgical skills weren't great at this time during the war...

Do all the numbers match, including the mag.???
Yes. Took it apart last weekend and cleaned it. All the serialized parts match. Will have to take it apart again and inspect the firing pin. Thank you for the info!

Back
Top Bottom