• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Name A Surprising Food You’ve Never Tried

Years ago they use to have a rattlesnake roundup in south ga I think it was headed up in Clayton ga they always had some to try.don’t know if they still do it.looked it up
Loved going to Wigham each year !
Back when my folks were alive they used to live in Thomasville and we would go down to visit them about every second/third weekend. They moved there when they retired …. We had fam there at one time. It was nice down there but took me a few years to realize I liked it so much ! Lol.
But rattlesnake roundup was one of the cool things to do…there were plenty other things to do too ! I enjoyed going down there and visiting with them. Always something going on for a “small town”.
It just isn’t the same up here in the “big city” ! Lol. You don’t realize how bad Atlanta and metro area really is until you get a chance to get out of it once in a while and take in the scenery of a good small town! Lol. The people are what makes it great too ! Everyone is so much more friendly and not trying to rip you off half the time like up here in metro ATL area. I would love to move to “small town, USA” one day. Maybe after the wife retires.

Believe it or not I’ve never tried and will likely never try…

Shrimp
Crab
Lobster
Oysters
Sushi
Most seafood
Advacado
Rhubarb
Mushroom(whole or pieces) prolly have tried flavoring
Egg roll
Yogurt
Lamb
Anything adventurous
And about an infinite amount more things.
You must have the palate of a child. Why?

Phiilpino people like eating ”Rice Bugs” actually water bugs but they eat rice and their belly’s are usually filled with rice certain times of the year.
A mason jar full would usually get you a “date” with one of the bar girls.
these things can’t land and instead they would fly into the hangers at night and stopping when they hit the walls. Sounded like someone throwing rocks at us. When they landed they were easy to gather up.
No idea why they were not plentiful in the city.

Considered quite the delicacy, but I never tried myself.

Sushi's pretty easy to make yourself. You just need short grain rice, rice vinegar, a sheet of seaweed, and of course some fish or whatever other filling you want.

Nigiri is even easier since it's literally just fish/meat on top of a block of rice.

I make onigiri pretty much every morning for breakfast, rice balls I fill with tuna or salmon. Ya can put whatever in em in though.

1680108705461.png

Love me a livercheese sandwich.with heavy mayo and a few pieces of crunchy lettuce on fresh bread....oh yeah....look for it in the sliced meats just pull the fat ring off from around it....I used to take it to work....people will only steal it once...hahaha

Back
Top Bottom