• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Name This Snake!

tdi_g

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
50   0
Reaction score
So my neighbor has been cleaning out his storage container at his house in the country in prep for selling the house and brought back a trailer full of scrap to sort out and dispose of over the weekend. I helped his wife unload the trailer yesterday afternoon while he was doing the final walk through with the buyers and I stumbled across a snake he managed to load on the trailer. It must have been hiding in a box when he loaded it up. Anyways, it wasn't aggressive at all so I moved stuff around and carefully picked it up with a rake and set it free. Anyone know what kind of snake this is? It was about 5' long and about 1.5" or so in diameter at the thickest point.

Gray rat snake ..........put him back in the garage, he'll eat any mice or chipmunks that invade and on the plus side he will also dispose of any of the bad ones that come around his territory.

I did a Google search of "gray ratsnake" and am pretty sure that is what it is. I kind of wish I would have let him go in my yard as we've got a mole problem he could have sorted out. It wouldn't have lasted long in my yard anyways as there isn't a lot of cover for it and my son would have given it hell.

Back
Top Bottom