• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NASCAR 2017

The most polite way I can put it: this **** is stupid. The Titanic is sinking and their answer is to repaint the lifeboats. I watched very few races last year and doubt I'll watch a single event this year. They really just need an entire redo. Raze and rebuild.

Knock the races down to 25-30. Eliminate many of the 1.5 mile tracks. Move more of the races back into the Southeast before you piss away the entire consumer base. Allow tobacco to come back into the sport, which will help with funding issues. Eliminate the playoff system, eliminate the charter system, lighten restrictions and allow the various car makers to stand out from one another like they used to. The new repair rules are stupid too; if there is time left in the race, let 'em repair the cars. I bet that the new repair rules will cost a popular driver like Junior or Johnson a win this year and everyone will start crying about it.

Changing the schedule would cut down costs too. Not many teams can afford constant transportation across the country. I'd split it up. Start the season in the Southeast, during the Summer you can race in the North (like Brickyard, Pocono, etc), in the fall you can hit a western stretch, and then finish up in the Southeast. Over time try to bring more smaller tracks into the mold, and you could extend the races back to 35-36 or more.

NASCAR, is already DEAD, however the Franz, family has not realized it. Why are road races allowed in a sport that those cars are not built for in first place.

Wish the whole East coast told them to forget and let them die, like the plums do before they turn into prunes, and prunes are what NASCAR, has become.

A dying sport, loss of excitement, loss of reasoning, and complete mass confusion, punish the teams that build a car that can run, and defy the rules while using the rules.

NASCAR, tried that garbage on "WILD BILL FROM DAWSONVILLE ELLIOTT" and even put restrictor
plates on the engines, Elliott, broke their backs and won, won, won...

NASCAR, needs to just wither, decay, and go away, its time they are dead and grasping at straws to
stay alive. Once a great sport, now just R.I.P., goodbye forever...

And to think years ago we used to have "Race Parties". I never hear of anybody getting together for a race party anymore.

NASCAR can go to hell, along with the Liberal Democrats.

NASCAR, is already DEAD, however the Franz, family has not realized it. Why are road races allowed in a sport that those cars are not built for in first place.

Wish the whole East coast told them to forget and let them die, like the plums do before they turn into prunes, and prunes are what NASCAR, has become.

A dying sport, loss of excitement, loss of reasoning, and complete mass confusion, punish the teams that build a car that can run, and defy the rules while using the rules.

NASCAR, tried that garbage on "WILD BILL FROM DAWSONVILLE ELLIOTT" and even put restrictor
plates on the engines, Elliott, broke their backs and won, won, won...

NASCAR, needs to just wither, decay, and go away, its time they are dead and grasping at straws to
stay alive. Once a great sport, now just R.I.P., goodbye forever...
^^^^This^^^^ It started dying with the restrictor plates, then flatlined with the death of Dale Sr.

image.png

And to think years ago we used to have "Race Parties". I never hear of anybody getting together for a race party anymore.

NASCAR can go to hell, along with the Liberal Democrats.

People still have race parties ... at local dirt tracks on Friday/Saturday night. Hell, when I was a kid, Daytona/Darlington/Charlotte 600 were always big events. Nobody even cares now. NASCAR's stance on "the flag" pissed off the last few older Southerners I knew that watched it.

I even remember when there were year long waiting lists to get tickets for Bristol and Charlotte. Even crappy tickets. Not an issue today.

People still have race parties ... at local dirt tracks on Friday/Saturday night. Hell, when I was a kid, Daytona/Darlington/Charlotte 600 were always big events. Nobody even cares now. NASCAR's stance on "the flag" pissed off the last few older Southerners I knew that watched it.

I even remember when there were year long waiting lists to get tickets for Bristol and Charlotte. Even crappy tickets. Not an issue today.

Let me rephrase that. People no longer have NASCAR race parties.