• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NASCAR

Yeah, didn;t he lap the field twice in order to win ? The good ole days, "run what you brung". There were Fords, Chevy's, Old's, Pontiacs, Buicks and Mopars back then...now there's.....never mind.
Yep... to win the race from 2 laps down he had to catch the leader pass him, catch him again pass him, catch and pass the 3rd time to win.. I heard it told that ford engineers wanted to look at the motor and Ernie Elliot told them NOPE

Yep... to win the race from 2 laps down he had to catch the leader pass him, catch him again pass him, catch and pass the 3rd time to win.. I heard it told that ford engineers wanted to look at the motor and Ernie Elliot told them NOPE
Today's rulz have run off many of us . If you wanted to see everybody drive the same car you could watch the ARCA race on Friday LOL Man...I used to love going down on Thursday after work and staying till Monday morning (Talladega)

Remember the wreck BODINE had in the truck series wreck.. that was a bad one also.. huge ball of flames .. hurt him pretty bad to.. meet him at MEMPHIS RACETRACK.. nice man

Only "gripe" i / we had was hunting a shower and paying $5 for it LOL note: worth every penny

Especially to your friends. :pound:

I've probably told this story before, but back in the 80's dega was at the end of May, and mid July. Either race was unbearably hot and ad 100k drunk race fans to the mix and it was bad. So one Sunday it came one of those extreme thunderstorms with tornados in the area, it rained the race out and this was the beginning of the best race I'd ever been too. After the rain it gets really hot and humid and even hotter. Well the women, (at least A lot of them) went topless, and a few went bottomless. I was in my early 20s and never in my life saw such behavior, but no complaints. Me and the boys I went with went home with a smile on our faces that stayed their for weeks. The moral to this event, don't miss any Talladega races. :nod:

Back
Top Bottom