• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NASCAR

I stopped watching Nascar in about 1992 after I saw a few Formula 1 races. I haven't kept with Nascar since... I'd always went to Road Atlanta one or twice a year, so I was already interested in road racing. For me the "stock car" series lost the connection to the production cars that are sold on Monday a long time ago. The idea of template tube frame race cars, makes it just a spec series too me, which is less interesting. It's all about the drivers and the show now, but I want the cars to be a much bigger part of the series.

Anyone remember Can-Am?

I've only been to one nascar race - was at AMS in '89. We were on the back stretch and a couple of rows up and behind us was a really classy woman that was a diehard Dale Earnhardt fan. Every time he did something good or he got passed, she would yell out her personal (foul mouthed) feelings about it. She must have had at least two six packs worth of beer in her. After that I just watched on tv - never wanted to go back.

Never had that experience at Road Atlanta - it always seemed a little more upscale. Plus you have more room when looking for a spot for your chairs.

After Don Panoz died I heard Nascar or someone in Nascar bought Road Atlanta. I'll go to a Nascar race there but don't give two hoots about going to an oval track.

Petite Le Mans is ALWAYS awesome!

They say Bristol is the most awesome track.. down in the hole of those mountains and the sound of the cars bounces of the hills ...
I had free tickets bout ten yrs ago but couldn't go . Then had to hear my wife's cousin tell me how awesome it was for...well he still tells me everytime i see him. Glad he moved to Florida

After Don Panoz died I heard Nascar or someone in Nascar bought Road Atlanta. I'll go to a Nascar race there but don't give two hoots about going to an oval track.
Petite Le Mans is ALWAYS awesome!

I believe it was purchased by IMSA a few years ago - as part of their consolidation of road racing. It has always been a great track, even back in the 1980s. Panoz made a lot of upgrades, so it is even better now.

Sure do miss these Panoz cars...... :dispirited::dispirited::blue::blue: Loved the Ford V8 sound going around those hills!

iu

Back
Top Bottom