• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NASCAR

jus rub it all in :caked::)

Bristol hands down. I love Daytona, Talladega and ATL is a great track, Charlotte is similar to Atlanta, and Martinsville and Richmond. The short tracks are the best.
Now you just bragging.. lol

I went when I was younger. And could get around much better, nowadays, not happening.

I spent so much time overseas going to races and Rally's, it was hard to get used to looking at Ovals. I belonged to Atlanta SCCA many years ago and drove Road Atlanta and I drove at Charlotte back in the 80's. We used the Infield and the Oval. First time on an Oval. I couldn't believe how much the track was banked.
I prefer road courses personally. My avatar is me in 1969 attending Drivers school at Nurburgring with my Alfa Romeo 1300 GT Jr.. 14.1 mi course with around 172 turns. Elevation was so steep in some places, they had hillclimbs. Awesome track but dangerous.

I spent so much time overseas going to races and Rally's, it was hard to get used to looking at Ovals. I belonged to Atlanta SCCA many years ago and drove Road Atlanta and I drove at Charlotte back in the 80's. We used the Infield and the Oval. First time on an Oval. I couldn't believe how much the track was banked.
I prefer road courses personally. My avatar is me in 1969 attending Drivers school at Nurburgring with my Alfa Romeo 1300 GT Jr.. 14.1 mi course with around 172 turns. Elevation was so steep in some places, they had hillclimbs. Awesome track but dangerous.
Awesome!!! :thumb:

2/19/20
Photo of Ryan Newman in hospital.

zERJz3vQWAAcZts4.jpg

Great news....Rocket Man walked out of the hospital under his own power today with his young daughters in tow. He must be one tough SOB, albeit sore as hell. Praise to the Roush-Fenway builders and mechanics for building a great, safe car. I figured he had numerous fractures and would be out of action a couple months.....looks like he could race tomorrow.

Great news....Rocket Man walked out of the hospital under his own power today with his young daughters in tow. He must be one tough SOB, albeit sore as hell. Praise to the Roush-Fenway builders and mechanics for building a great, safe car. I figured he had numerous fractures and would be out of action a couple months.....looks like he could race tomorrow.

Newman is one of the Iast old school type drivers left in the sport. Any word on his return?

Back
Top Bottom