• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NASCAR

Yep.. at that time he was my favorite driver.. I don’t think he was scaired of no fast car..
I was always a Wild Bill fan probably cause my FatherInLaw was his biggest fan and he got me into it back in 1993 . There was only one I didn't like though haha but i respect what he did for the race , yep used to love to "hate" #3 haha

My first race was Martinsville Fall race in 87. Never will forget driver intros...Dale Senior got the loudest response, albeit mostly boo's. Waltrip won in the Tide Ride, after Dale and ???? wrecked running first and second going into 3/4 and Darrell shot the gap to the checkers.

I wonder Why NASCAR doesn't have the funny car type of cages in the race cars. I guess visibility is more important!

The way a funny car cage goes forward of the driver would make it pretty difficult to get out of the window opening i would think. But then again these seats now-a-days make it pretty difficult. No wonder these drivers are all 5'9" 165lb.

8d500278c0d53b2facce9a584bd66a2a.jpg

25-5-11.jpg

I was always a Wild Bill fan probably cause my FatherInLaw was his biggest fan and he got me into it back in 1993 . There was only one I didn't like though haha but i respect what he did for the race , yep used to love to "hate" #3 haha
A lot of people hated him when he was alive.. me included.. lol.. but I can’t say he wasn’t a good racer because he sure that.. nascar let him do things that they penalized other drivers for.. 2 sets of rules ya know.. does that remind of of anything else?... ha ha

Ol WILD BILL FROM DAWSONVILLE wasn’t afraid of no fast car was he.. 212 mph at talladega.. that’s screaming fast

Ol WILD BILL FROM DAWSONVILLE wasn’t afraid of no fast car was he.. 212 mph at talladega.. that’s screaming fast
Yeah, didn;t he lap the field twice in order to win ? The good ole days, "run what you brung". There were Fords, Chevy's, Old's, Pontiacs, Buicks and Mopars back then...now there's.....never mind.

Back
Top Bottom