• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Navy veteran, friend and past co-worker chose suicide last Monday

He was 34 with wife and kids. An intelligent man who I called my friend. He was a LT in the Navy when he was discharged after serving 15 yrs in the military that he loved. We spent the last few months of his Naval career as co-workers in a small office of 2. Always positive and upbeat even while fighting alcohol demons that cost him his career. He loved his wife and kids very much. Christopher Kus will be missed. I only wish he would have reached out. I will always believe that suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness and there is help and another way if you reach out.

If you are in this place, please reach out and call someone you know as there is always a solution.

God Bless you and your family Chris. The world is a worse place without you.

View attachment 2130933

Sorry for your Loss of your Good Friend. But what is happening now to Veterans is a "Epidemic " I just had a few of my Old Troops either kill themselves or just die after a quick illness. I contacted a few of my military friends and they said the same thing. We are not talking about Old Master Sergeant 's like me we are talking about young men just hitting there 40's.

Sorry for loss of your friend! Gods blessings to his family and friends! May he R.I.P ! Sometimes you never know the pain and suffering a man is going through and suicide looks like the only way out! Always hate to see this happen to a vet !

According to a Department of Veterans Affairs study each day over 20 veterans take their own lives.
Veterans who are in crisis or having thoughts of suicide, and those who know a Veteran in crisis, can call the Veterans Crisis Line for confidential support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Call 800-273-8255 and press 1, chat online at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat, or text to 838255.

Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you and those affected.

Back
Top Bottom