• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Navy veteran, friend and past co-worker chose suicide last Monday

Prayer's for the family, People have no idea how often this happens and it tears my heart out..I have seen way to much of this...The problem in my opinion is that dealing with combat and being in the Military, we veterans tend to feel that we are bullet proof against psychological problems as far as admitting needing help..Nor do they feel that it will help them..God go with him and I pray that they can let the wall down long enough, to admit they have a problem, and seek help..It is not as easy, as so many seem to think..This is tragic every time..

So sorry about your friend. It is tragic these veterans survive their time in the military only for their family to lose them to suicide.
Sorry to read this, Prayers for Family & Friends
Suicide dose not stop the pain; it passes it on to family & Friends.
Never heard it put that way before, but very accurate.

Man I hate to hear this. I have been at the bottom a few times in my life and it’s a real struggle and I’ve thought about cashing in. Life is hard and sometimes you just need to take it one day at a time. I’m sorry for your loss and if there’s anything I can do to help, just let me know. Prayers sent.

My wife's cousin was a USMC Sniper, 3 tours, and took his life too. He drank himself to death after returning home. It was a sad day for his family. His dad was a West Point grad, his grand-father was an Annapolis grad (class of 1944), commanding Officer of a USN Carrier during Vietnam. Both he and his grandfather were re-interned at Arlington a couple years ago.
My deepest sympathies to your friend's family and friends.

Back
Top Bottom