• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NC wants my revolver - stolen in 1982

Rabbit2047

Default rank 5000+ posts
Purveyor of Antique Firearms
98   0
Reaction score
I am madder than HELL

Got a call from a detective in NC saying the s&w 10-6 pistol I recently purchased from a Pawn shop in Winder GA was stolen in NC back in 1982. I was then threatened with being criminally charged if I didn't turn the pistol over to the Winder Police Department.

Then the detective in Winder called me shortly after that to ask me to turn in the weapon. Waiting on an officer to come get it now.

This gun was stolen 3 years before I was born apparently they can find it, yet the Barrow County sheriff's department can't find my pickup truck that was stolen back in April???

Not to mention I am now out of my every day carry piece, and a couple hundred dollars......

WTF....

The Best part...according to the detective in, if they cannot locate the original owner in NC, then the firearm will rot for several years in an evidence locker until it is sold at auction, and there is nothing I can do about it.

Ugh. I really liked that old wheel gun. It dhot absolutely lights out. Plus I got a great deal on it at iPawn in Winder. Out the door for $225. I know I ain't gonna find another one in that good shape at that price again.

I can promise you this... iPawn has lost my business.

This gun was stolen 3 years before I was born...
Dude... you are hard core... :)
thug life.jpg

Back
Top Bottom