• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NC wants my revolver - stolen in 1982

Deputy is collecting the weapon now...

Attachments

• 0910181358.jpg
    0910181358.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 139
I would put a hammer on the pawn shop, the LEO will trace it back the trail of selling, until it dies. They two are in receivership of a stolen gun and you and the police need to go to that pawn shop and get a refund and give it to the LEO at the same time..It is up to that pawn shop to explain, how he received the weapon. Good luck!

Here's how that usually works. The person stomps down to the pawn shop all threatening and emotional like demanding a refund. Then the pawnshop shows where they ran the numbers like they're supposed to, and held it for the required amount of days, and tells you to kick rocks because **** happens and they're not legally liable, and they would be right.

Or scenario two, you calmly go to the pawnshop, explain what is going on, and they more than likely make some kind of ammends. Sometimes they might split the loss with you, sometimes they might give you store credit, or they might even give you a full refund.

I would get a report from the police and request my money back from the pawn shop. The whole point in pawn shop record keeping, requiring a drivers license to pawn an item is to make it possible to recourse the Pawner/seller if the item turns out stolen.
Should they refuse, Saturday I would show up with a sigh that read " this shop sold me a stolen item then the police confiscated it". Would follow the law for picketing. Would require an extra $25 an hour for time spent for my trouble when the owner decided to give me my money.

Here's how that usually works. The person stomps down to the pawn shop all threatening and emotional like demanding a refund. Then the pawnshop shows where they ran the numbers like they're supposed to, and held it for the required amount of days, and tells you to kick rocks because **** happens and they're not legally liable, and they would be right.

Or scenario two, you calmly go to the pawnshop, explain what is going on, and they more than likely make some kind of ammends. Sometimes they might split the loss with you, sometimes they might give you store credit, or they might even give you a full refund.

Definitely do NOT run out of the house waving that hog leg yelling "You will never take me alive coppers"
or...
give up gun.jpg

Also consider that some pawn brokers (unnamed location in Stone Mtn) will intentionally enter the serial wrong to avoid a potential match. Dealt with this about 3 years ago on a bunch of tools. Because they did not do for all of them, just the higher dollar stuff, detective still found some matches and that lead to the whole set.

Too bad it got stolen from OP 4 minutes ago....right OP? Hey it was here one second....sorry officers looks like you got another cold case to work on

Law Enforcement is in possession of the stolen firearm and I have a property custody receipt.

Headed to the pawn shop right now. I am doubting they will prove helpful.

If they don't fix it I will take them to small claims court. Make them spend thousands on lawyers because they wouldn't refund a couple hundred bucks....

Back
Top Bottom