• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NCAA players to get paid an have agents

They are. Many make millions while they get fed and a degree that means **** handed to them. What ruined college sports was turning it into a business making billions and paying everyone except the athletes.

Whats wrong with making money? Doesn't cost you anything does it? At most colleges Football and basketball covers the athletic program costs and no tax dollars are used to cover any xoaches salary. That money comes direct from the Athletic associations coffers - private donor money.

You really need it explained? Typical California victim mentality. These kids that play College athletics at a high level are not taken advantage of. They live like Kings. Ever see the athletic student activity center or their cafeteria? It's luxurious compared to the standard basic students facilities who have earned their way on campus by grades and/or student loans. These kids get a full ride and have the chance to earn a degree and a few might make a career out of it. But the sad argument that they are some sort of modern day slaves working on the college plantation is obscene and absurd. This will ruin the sport if allowed to spread. I hope it doesn't grow outside of that social petri dish of a state.

Oh. :rolleyes:

Whats wrong with making money? Doesn't cost you anything does it? At most colleges Football and basketball covers the athletic program costs and no tax dollars are used to cover any xoaches salary. That money comes direct from the Athletic associations coffers - private donor money.

BS. Comes from endorsements and tv contracts. My cable bill is 30 bucks extra every month because of those contracts. Then they show me countless commercials. Nothing is free and we all pay but when it comes to college ball few get the money. I never turn on a game to see Saban on the sideline but he gets the cash.

FB_IMG_1569899119814.jpg

You really need it explained? Typical California victim mentality. These kids that play College athletics at a high level are not taken advantage of. They live like Kings. Ever see the athletic student activity center or their cafeteria? It's luxurious compared to the standard basic students facilities who have earned their way on campus by grades and/or student loans. These kids get a full ride and have the chance to earn a degree and a few might make a career out of it. But the sad argument that they are some sort of modern day slaves working on the college plantation is obscene and absurd. This will ruin the sport if allowed to spread. I hope it doesn't grow outside of that social petri dish of a state.
Don't forget the biggest thing.... A free ride to prove, for free, on a national stage just how good they are, so they can go make millions. Why don't the best athletes choose unheard of schools? Hell of an "unpaid" internship. Either have a bona fide minor professional league or not. I suppose next will be justifying paying high schoolers. I mean.... why not?

I suppose next will be justifying paying high schoolers. I mean.... why not?

Are high school kids not currently allowed to market themselves? Are they not allowed to sell signed jerseys or do commercials for products?

Y'all keep talking about paying them, or what the school does for them like that's relevant? All this allows them to do is make money branding themselves. What is wrong with that? If Toyota or Pepsi wants to pay a college kid to say something about their product in a 30 second ad what the hell is wrong with that?

If the kid plays well enough that people want to pay stupid money for his signed jersey on eBay why not let him make that money?

Back
Top Bottom