• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NCAA players to get paid an have agents

You are right about that, I edited my post. But I believe hiring agents and endorsements is a first step. Being paid a salary is the next step. No every student athlete will get an endorsement contract. It will be "unfair" if they all do not get some kind of base compensation.
I don't believe so, colleges are not likely to ever give their athletes a salary (besides maybe a few under the table bonuses). It's kinda ridiculous to tell an extraordinary athlete he can't make a few bucks on his own in my opinion. Especially if the reasoning is because other kids will want money too.

I don't believe so, colleges are not likely to ever give their athletes a salary (besides maybe a few under the table bonuses). It's kinda ridiculous to tell an extraordinary athlete he can't make a few bucks on his own in my opinion. Especially if the reasoning is because other kids will want money too.
Not if SJW are on the case.

To be redundant and repeat myself, this whole athletics thing has gotten completely out of control. College should be first and foremost for education. A very low percentage will ever go to pro and make money. So education first is the fallback position.

Yeah it sounds like so many of y'all didn't actually read the articles. They wont get paid a salary like pro players. They will be allowed to market themselves and make money off of their names. In other words, not getting an NCAA suspension because you sold your jersey for $500. I honestly could care less if players did that. Why? Because the schools, boosters, coaches, etc make millions upon millions. Who cares if the star RB sells his shirt? You think that will ruin the integrity of the game? Newsflash, most of the star players are probably already getting something anyways.

To be redundant and repeat myself, this whole athletics thing has gotten completely out of control. College should be first and foremost for education. A very low percentage will ever go to pro and make money. So education first is the fallback position.

Lofty goals. Probably unachievable for over half of them.

Not if SJW are on the case.
So you're ok with telling extraordinary talented players, who people pay thousands of dollars to go watch them paly a game, that they can't make money on their own because SJW will cry that lesser talented players should make money too?

Not even trolling here, I sincerely don't understand people's problem with kids being able to make money on their own?

It started getting out of control when the big Div I schools started making tons of money off their football and basketball teams. Once that happened it turned in to a profitable business. When you can afford to pay your schools football/basketball coach in the 8 million a year range you are no longer focused on education. I mean these schools pay other schools a million dollars to just play them and get slaughtered for a homecoming game.

So you're ok with telling extraordinary talented players, who people pay thousands of dollars to go watch them paly a game, that they can't make money on their own because SJW will cry that lesser talented players should make money too?

Not even trolling here, I sincerely don't understand people's problem with kids being able to make money on their own?
They are in college to get education. If they want to play football, and school is just a stepping stone, then NFL needs to draft them straight out of High school.

Heaven forbid these young men and women make money off of their own hard work. But hey you catch dat ball ball good boy and run fast for my viewing pleasure. but don’t you dare try and make no money off of your talent. It’s against da rulez

Back
Top Bottom