• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NCAA players to get paid an have agents

They are in college to get education. If they want to play football, and school is just a stepping stone, then NFL needs to draft them straight out of High school.
Sorry but most Div 1 football and basketball players are not there for an education. The school recruited them, for the sole purpose of playing for them. And likely spent money to lure them there. The education thing is just an afterthought. Now the majority of school athletes this doesn't apply too, just the big ticket sports. And Basketball does draft out of high school but you still see guys playing 1-2 years in college first to get their draft numbers up. Football will probably never draft that early, they prefer those guys get bigger/faster and a little more experience before being thrown to the wolves.

Can they not get an education and do a commercial for Pepsi at the same time?

Heaven forbid these young men and women make money off of their own hard work. But hey you catch dat ball ball good boy and run fast for my viewing pleasure. but don’t you dare try and make no money off of your talent. It’s against da rulez
That's fine, but then they should be responsible for all costs associated with them playing sports and not expect to be subsidized by others, like they currently are. How is that for libertarian view?
Or does it stop when we talk about circuses?

Heaven forbid these young men and women make money off of their own hard work. But hey you catch dat ball ball good boy and run fast for my viewing pleasure. but don’t you dare try and make no money off of your talent. It’s against da rulez
Lol seriously. The amount of folks against this blows my mind. The same folks that spend thousands on team apparel, their favorite players jersey, tickets to the games, freak out if you mention it should be OK for a guy like Jake Fromm so sell his jersey to a fan.

That's fine, but then they should be responsible for all costs associated with them playing sports and not expect to be subsidized by others, like they currently are. How is that for libertarian view?
Sorry but Division 1 athletics in the big sports aren't being subsidized by others. The athletic programs alone bring in millions in revenue from marketing, advertising, and fan revenue. Not to mention boosters. You aren't paying for squat when it comes to that scholarship they give a big time athlete.

Sorry but Division 1 athletics in the big sports aren't being subsidized by others. The athletic programs alone bring in millions in revenue from marketing, advertising, and fan revenue. Not to mention boosters. You aren't paying for squat when it comes to that scholarship they give a big time athlete.
How do you know that? Worked in college sports? Or just do you just assume so?
I thought so. Now do some research. I have.

Dude, those top players are the ones making the schools and NCAA tons of money. You can say that the schools don't make money of the athletics program which may be true because of all the less popular sports, but they are definitely making money off of the top players. That's an undeniable fact.

So it's a fair exchange, you play ball for us and we'll pay your tuition. Those top athletes not only pay for their own tuition on the football field, they're paying for hundreds of other kids too.

What's not fair, and I don't see how anyone can argue it is, is telling them they can't do a commercial or sell their signature.

Lol seriously. The amount of folks against this blows my mind. The same folks that spend thousands on team apparel, their favorite players jersey, tickets to the games, freak out if you mention it should be OK for a guy like Jake Fromm so sell his jersey to a fan.

its baffling that people would cheer watching these young people bash their brains in but turn their nose up at the idea that maybe these people should receive some monetary compensation for the good time they provided the fans with. their is clearly a market for these young people to earn money off of their talents, hard work, and commitment. anyone who would refuse or stand against these people making that money should be ashamed of themselves.

Dude, those top players are the ones making the schools and NCAA tons of money. You can say that the schools don't make money of the athletics program which may be true because of all the less popular sports, but they are definitely making money off of the top players. That's an undeniable fact.

So it's a fair exchange, you play ball for us and we'll pay your tuition. Those top athletes not only pay for their own tuition on the football field, they're paying for hundreds of other kids too.

What's not fair, and I don't see how anyone can argue it is, is telling them they can't do a commercial or sell their signature.
When was the last time you did finances for a college sports program? Never, I presume. It is all public record.
Also check how much money NCAA makes on each game vs playing schools. It will interesting.

When was the last time you did finances for a college sports program? Never, I presume. It is all public record.

I ain't got to be an accountant to know Cam Newton brought in a ton of revenue for the university of Auburn, the city of Auburn, and the NCAA. Millions of dollars.

And again, all that's going on here is allowing them to earn money on their own.

Back
Top Bottom