• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Near miss......

Nickle plated or just brass?

Nope regular brass. I have a total of 25 pieces that has the SCRATCH from the die. Needless to say I am not taking any chances and will take these apart and just trash the brass. Lee is a bit of a pain to deal with, I have to ship the die back to them and wait till they send a new one.......I need to be reloading now!!
Needless to say I will be buying a RCBS set of dies as well!!

I've had several very pleasant dealings with Lee customer service. I broke a decapping pin popping primers on some berdan primed milsup (Totally my fault DUH) and told em what I did and they still sent me the part to repair my .303 brit dies. . Also sent me a toggle for a press that broke after 15 years of service. I let the handle get loose and broke it by using it when the handle was not properly in the toggle. My fault again. I think it was $5.
If the die has a collet I know closing the press without brass in place will make the collet stick and there is a warning in the instructions against doing this ( I'm not saying you did , just giving you a heads up.)
Good luck BHJ

Ok, you can forget seeing pics of the die, try as I may I could not get a pic to show the broken part.....it is inside the die. I gave up BUT here is a few pics of the ammo. Also pics of the brass that I did shot before I caught what had happened.
i622.photobucket.com_albums_tt307_TNCBurnham_100_3917.jpg

i622.photobucket.com_albums_tt307_TNCBurnham_100_3918.jpg

i622.photobucket.com_albums_tt307_TNCBurnham_100_3920.jpg

Back
Top Bottom